GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same as you (sjones900)
It's the best one! :yaynds:
I still have mine, original silver. Perfect condition. Bought it a week after launch day for 25 bucks off some guy outside a pawnshop. I also have my ds lite, dsi, and dsi xl. Still have yet to get a 3ds but i will when more good stuff comes out for it.

Also to those that have a Blue DS phat, you can do a firmware hack that will allow a brighter screen, about as bright as ds lite.
Only with some motherboard models. Mine is not one of them... I've already tried. lol

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mine! had to replace the case though. dropped it when it was open from a meter high onto concrete. not a scratch on it. dropped my backpack with the closed ds in it from 30 cm high. hinge broken lol.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have mine right here. The screen cover for the top was scratched so it doesn't even have that, the hinge is broken (It has since I bought it used.. Meh.) and after getting my 3DS I let my older brother play it..
Long story short, he left the charger at our friends' house in a different state.

katw83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still have mine that my ex went and bought on launch day for me when I was ill. The hinge is cracked but it still works perfectly

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
I have two. The first its the Mario Kart Red one, I played the hell out of it for like 3 years, the areas around the buttons are pale 'cause of it xD unfortunately, the upper screen has some issues and it shows some blue color. Other than that it is in good condition and can be used to play gba games. I also have the Electric blue, and I still use it to this day. These are really durable handhelds.

I'm planning to get a lite eventually. I can't live without the gba slot :)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup still got my old blue one. i had a silver one when it came out, but i sold it on ebay. then i got the blue one about a year later.

still works great, although the touch screen has a big scratch blotch in the middle. still works great though. that scratch came from starfox. i loved that game.

i used to have to leave about 3 hours early for work, between my ds and my cheap mp3 player ipod clone got me through some tough times of boredom.

D

Deleted-236924

yup still got my old blue one. i had a silver one when it came out, but i sold it on ebay. then i got the blue one about a year later.

still works great, although the touch screen has a big scratch blotch in the middle. still works great though. that scratch came from starfox. i loved that game.

i used to have to leave about 3 hours early for work, between my ds and my cheap mp3 player ipod clone got me through some tough times of boredom.
Weird, I've played the crap out of Pokémon Ranger and it didn't scratch my screen.

Izham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ah yes, my phat. Still in working condition i guess. Handed it down to my lil' bro who's still using it xD
I've moved on though, using a 3DS now :3

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
My silver DS Phat is still working perfectly. :D
Some scratches on the body though but hey, it shows a bit of history and character ;)

Haven't bought a replacement for my phat either. Nor have I bought a newer model.

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Also still got a DS Phat. It originally had a silver shell, but it broke and I replaced it with a dark blue one. This one, however, broke again (the connection between top and bottom part broke off) and additionally the top screen doesn't work correctly now. I have to fiddle around with the top part to get the top screen to display anything. It's pretty sucky, but I guess I won't be needing it much, anyways. If I ever need to play a GBA game again I'll probably get a GBA SP on Ebay.

Also had a DSi, but I was pissed by the shoulder buttons always breaking and didn't feel like sending it to Nintendo a fourth time. Therefore I tried to fix the problem myself and instead broke the thing completely. So now all I have is my 3DS.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've beaten the crap out of my DSL when I bought it in 2008 (had played a friends DS till then). After all I bought a DSiXL in the beginning of 2011 and now have a limited Zelda 3DS ordered. Somehow skipped the GBA generation handhelds (though played quite a few games on my DSL, partially thanks to the 3in1 when some games were just lost in regards of buying them), but the DS and the future 3DS is quite there. :)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I still have mine. It used to be Teal, but use and the eventual wear and tear forced me to overhaul it. Now it's sporting a dirty silver case, replaced bottom screen, pretty banged up battery.

Top and bottom screen has stuck rows of black pixels, but other than those flaws, it's running perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw