Hacking Who is Team Xecuter?

OmegaPikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first i've heard of them.

After seeing the SX Pro and such being mass produced, I was wondering who are they and how can they afford do that?

I thought CFW and hacks and whatnot came from random people and teams within the community.

Reactions: Mark2333

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

After seeing the SX Pro and such being mass produced, I was wondering who are they and how can they afford do that?

I thought CFW and hacks and whatnot came from random people and teams within the community.
Team Xecuter is well known for modchips and other hardware during older console generations. I think their name is particularly well known in the (original) Xbox scene.

While CFW and software exploits are usually coming from enthusiasts, back in the olden days modchips really used to be the only way to run backups. And with fewer enthusiasts around, companies like Xecuter were founded to make a profit off of piracy backups.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Me. Thread close?

Reactions: Edgy_Edge

OmegaPikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Xecuter is well known for modchips and other hardware during older console generations. I think their name is particularly well known in the (original) Xbox scene.

While CFW and software exploits are usually coming from enthusiasts, back in the olden days modchips really used to be the only way to run backups. And with fewer enthusiasts around, companies like Xecuter were founded to make a profit off of piracy backups.

Ah I think I read something on here about them making an Xbox product but it got canceled or something? I wonder how they fund these endeavors.

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica

Hey have been around for years I've been using there tools from the Xbox 360 jtag and rgh days and they make good stuff you can good on there forum and find out more about them if you really wanna know

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
The following is taken from their 'About Us' page on their official website, basically their roots are Xbox back in 2001, with a bit of PS3 stuff during the early jailbreak days (v3.55 usb dongles) and now Switch.
About Us

Team Xecuter have developed hardware and software for the Xbox Scene since 2001. The initial roots of the group were based on the Xbox homebrew hacking scene, however where we started as a small group of hardcore enthusiasts dealing with extremely gray area market products, we have now grown into a large electrical manufacturer that develops products for many companies around the world.

Our heart still lies within the games console community and we are always active in developing new and innovative products that we ourselves use in our gaming lives. Whereas we have long digressed from trading in areas that have now been made illegal in most countries over the years, our ambition is to continue to produce quality items at an affordable price.

Mission Statement:
  • Our Products
    It has always been, and will always be, about quality. We strive to make the best possible product, achieving affordability without compromising on quality.
  • Our Partners
    Together, we embrace honesty and integrity, and we hold each other to that standard.
  • Our Customers
    We would be nothing without you. It's that simple. Your support has enabled us to be the best that we can be. We truly thank you for that and will continue to be passionate about giving you our best in return.

Last edited by garyopa,

DavGerm4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TX has been around since the OG Xbox days! Even had a solderless modchip back on the OG Xbox. Then they had products for the Xbox 360, like the DemoN Modchip for Dual NAND systems. They have quite the service record with the Xbox Scene, I'm surprised you've never heard of them...

DavidShifflet

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a brief history if you wish to know more ask and I will do my best to answer

In the beginning ....

There was Neo Technologies in Tunstall Stoke UK who gave the world the Neo 2 for the early Ps2 which when combined with an action replay 2 allowed copied CD-R games to run on a PS2. This was owned and operated by Paul 'Charlie' 'raptor' O. and Jason 'Morph' K. The neo 2 developed into the Neo 4 with help from Aerick aka Dead8eeF from Paradox who was put into contact with Paul O. by Maverick (Andrew Eardley) of DrinkorDie.

Then thru subsequent court cases aka Sony v O. & others and the famous DrinkorDie bust the PS2 activities were brought to a foreshortenclose.

However Paul O. was the person behind the Magic chip series of chips for Ps2 which were produced for him by Sperry Corporation of Taiwan (sperry com tw) which was to prove a valuable relationship in later projects.

When Microsoft released the original Xbox a developer error resulted in an unprotected bios being gained by various elements of the 'underground' community this lead to 2 early modchip releases the Xtender-X from Neil B. & Sweeney ( who was subsequently jailed at a later date for conspiracy to sell cocaine) which died a rapid death and the Enigmah-X from Team Enigmah which was Paul O. with Sperry produced modchips.

The Enigmah-X was rapidly replaced by the one wire Xecuter modchip as 'team enigmah' became re branded as 'Team Xecuter'

All Team Xecuter products were manufactured by Sperry under the guidance of Paul O. of Neo Technologies this relationship continued all thru the various Xbox chips and the Xbox 360 devices.
As the Xbox 360 scene drew to a close and a substantial loss was made by Paul O. with the poor take up on the Demon and CR4 range of devices he made an agreement with Jefferson K. to manufacture and promote the then name Gamepad Proxy device which then became the Cronusmax.

Paul O. also then owned and operated the following websites selling 'Team Xecuter' Products www xconsoles com , www modtraders co uk and www ck3 co uk however due to the previous mentioned losses and Paul O. relocation to the USA he fell into severe money difficulties and tax difficulties with the American IRS over failed to declare income. This resulted in the closure of these websites and the selling of the 'Team Xecuter' brand (website & forums) to Max L. of Supreme factory , Divineo & Paradogs fame.

Max L. is not connected in anyway to the previous history of Team Xecuter and neither is GaryOpa (Gary B.) you should treat this latest incarnation of Team Xecuter with a fair degree of caution as they neither use Sperry for manufacture of any products or any of what is considered the old 'Team Xecuter' Programmers.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DavidShifflet Can you please provide sources? I'm not personally questioning your claim but other users may not believe someone who just made an account and made their first post that. (It also might give me a leg up on some TX fanboys...)

DavidShifflet

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DavidShifflet Can you please provide sources? I'm not personally questioning your claim but other users may not believe someone who just made an account and made their first post that. (It also might give me a leg up on some TX fanboys...)

What sort of sources do you want ?

Google will provide you any background to court cases and anything else well really if you don't believe it that's up to you but what I have typed is a very brief history.

GaryOpa won't know the full history as he only became involved with Max L. when he was approached to help run Maxconsole after Max L. froze out the person who started it (Zeus) around 8 years ago, He was not in anyway associated with anything or anyone of Paul O. or the original Xbox or 360 range of products. He was also about the 5th person who was asked to help out with Maxconsole after 4 other , better connected / qualified, persons were asked but declined the rather derisory offer Max L. put to people.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thats not true, I spoke with Paul, I don't know what gave you the idea that Max is running things now.

Complete and utter bullshit.

Noone who knows Paul ever refers to him as Paul online or in person.

Reactions: ov3rkill

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)