Hacking Who here is still on 10.3? Why?

Acro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I hardbricked my o3ds even following all the instructions perfectly. I bought another o3dsxl, so I got an update out of the brick, but it arrives monday and I am debating back and forth in my head if I should even try again.

The sysupdater is much more stable now than the original one I bricked with, but my wife would kill me if I happened to brick another hehe.

Just like this guy ^, I dont want to risk anything on my o3ds. I'd rather wait on more stable downgrade methods.

dtwpurple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 10.3... in EmuNAND!

You can always play online with emuNAND.
So long as you aren't N3ds
I can play games just fine on 9.5 emunand on N3ds. As long as you have the updates installed for the game it should work just fine. Please don't spread false info por favor (:

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can play games just fine on 9.5 emunand on N3ds. As long as you have the updates installed for the game it should work just fine. Please don't spread false info por favor (:
Not intentionally spreading false info, I havent had to deal with N3ds downgrades. Games can of course be installed with cryptofixes and such but It shouldn't be possible to play online with 9.5 emuNAND because of an outdated NNID correct?

Last edited by Coleman_C18,

Angelikita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For the people who might not understand fully or are too afraid to try downgrading, you can still play 3ds games on current firmware by getting a orange button sky3ds.

at this point if you have an old 3ds it's pretty much an unnecessary thing, i haven't downgraded (and i'm not sure if i will) but the legit cias are good enough for now. i wouldn't recommend spending over 100 dlls in that card now that there are methods like FBI and downgrading.

ZenPowerBuilder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't know all the benefits aside from using a CFW. What are the advantages to downgrading? Either way I'm going to wait until the method is refined and near foolproof. I'm mostly worried I'd screw something up.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you're working 6 days a week and hear the whole process of setting up has taken some people 5 hours to do, THEN you realise not only do you want to do your own but both of your lads 3DSes too..... some of us just don't have the time!

Possible firmware update incoming next week, and a day off tomorrow = I MIGHT have a do, but since the only major reason for doing it is for the cia versions of retroarch (and 99.9% of the games I play using that are running fine anyway), not sure I can be arsed wasting most of my only day off this week! If this KTM arrives and shortens the process though I'll probably bite..

vegeta18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys I just got a 3ds today and have been researching and trying to find a method to make all this stuff work but have been having troubles. Can someone give me some basic help? i wanted to avoid this because i know its annoying but i just need some help getting started.

I have a o3ds v10.3.0-28U, i was wondering if there were any entrypoints i could use to get homebrew launcher working on my system? I need this first before i downgrade my 3ds right? When i scan the QR code for what i believe is browserhax, my console seems to turn off or get an error. I dont have any of the games for any of the other methods and wasnt sure where to get started.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys I just got a 3ds today and have been researching and trying to find a method to make all this stuff work but have been having troubles. Can someone give me some basic help? i wanted to avoid this because i know its annoying but i just need some help getting started.

I have a o3ds v10.3.0-28U, i was wondering if there were any entrypoints i could use to get homebrew launcher working on my system? I need this first before i downgrade my 3ds right? When i scan the QR code for what i believe is browserhax, my console seems to turn off or get an error. I dont have any of the games for any of the other methods and wasnt sure where to get started.

OoTHax. Without Browserhax, you're kinda screwed & IronHax is unobtainable for people who didn't download it. Since it was removed from Nintendo's servers.

Last edited by DKB,

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
I had 3 3DS, the original one I bought at launch and the 3DS XL Animal Crossing that I gave to my girlfriend when I received my N3DS ambassador edition.

Through system transfer, there is almost 4 years of gaming on that console, messing with it is strictly out of question. And updating it past 10.3 is fine as I have CN and Ironfall to access HB.

Niramou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I succefully downgraded my o3DS, but I'll wait KTM's release to downgrade my n3DS because I soft-bricked it twice and I don't want to try again with Sysupdater.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
some times when we try and someone is out dated the 3ds asks them to update
Yes, and ? Since you can access the eShop on your fully updated emuNAND, what prevents you from updating ?
Or if you're on a N3DS, stuck on 9.5 emuNAND, still what prevents you from installing the update from somewhere else than the eShop ?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and ? Since you can access the eShop on your fully updated emuNAND, what prevents you from updating ?
Or if you're on a N3DS, stuck on 9.5 emuNAND, still what prevents you from installing the update from somewhere else than the eShop ?
I was thinking the same thing but i guess it makes some people feel better to have higher emunand then 9.5 for eshop access. Maybe a risk of installing something that could mess up emunand mode.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My N3DSXL is on 10.3 if I had to guess. I haven't touched my 3DS in a little bit and honestly the 3DS homebrew scene confuses me to no end so I don't even know what to do if I wanted to do anything
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vegeta18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got browserhax working, now i wanna downgrade my o3ds. i was thinking about following this tutorial but i wasnt sure if i should because this tutorial is for n3ds. Is there anything different or should i be fine to follow it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: