modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
my wiikey shipped and came to my house today...

the screw driver couldint remove 2 of the screws, so i did the most manly thing i could have thought of. and thats melting about half of the wiis faceplate with a soldering iron to get the wii open.

i got balls. you dont.
smile.gif

heres a picture of the right side of the faceplate:
burned1.jpg

i went right through that muthafugga, u can even see the sexy red wire as u play
smile.gif

03_20_07_1816.jpg

03_20_07_1817.jpg

and heres the completely demolished left side of the faceplate
burned2.jpg

blackend to crisp

sorry for the shitty quality, i had to take the pictures with a cellphone

update on teh wii:

the melted up faceplate wont attach itself back onto the wii, so i just ripped the whole thing off the wii...

my wii looks realy cool right now, it looks more *modded* than a normal wii withought the faceplate
laugh.gif

the buttons are hard to press on the wii... here are some pictures of my new wii style!!!

untitled.jpg

untitled2.jpg

as you can see, withought the faceplate covering up the green LED, its realy realy bright!
(i havent yet seen the blue led with my wii, but im sure it will blind me)
smile.gif

now listen, its not that i didint have a triwing screwdriver to open my wii
its just that foundmy.com sent me a screwdriver that cant open up 2 of the black triwing security screws.

the screwdriver on the site clearly states:
"Custom-made Tri-Wing Screwdriver.

This is required to open the Nintendo Wii units as well as the DS Units"

they lied to me, and i am very peeved... i paid good money for that screw driver, only to let it fail me (which led to the melting of my wii faceplate to get it open). i dont think i will do buisness with foundmy.com again. unless they send me a screwdriver refund... or a or a new custom cheap wii case, when they have them in stock.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Holy crap that is hardcore but I would be lying if I said I didn't contemplate doing the same when I had a sticky screw. I had used a flathead to remove all but one of the tri-wings and of course it was one that was sunk into the case. The Tri-Wing I borrowed to remove it was too short but I was given permission to hack it down to see if it fit and sure enough it did. Destroyed a pair of scissors in the process taking some of the plastic off but it worked.

I fear the pictures that are to follow.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who gets a zoozen kit, be sure to get V2 because all the screw bits are longer (to accommodate the wii) whereas the V1 kit had shorter bits.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
fuck yeah im hard core!!!
THAT WAS THE MOST BALLSY MOVE I EVER MADE IN MY LIFE!!!!!!

edit: i just rememberd crying in my head while doing it, yelling at myself "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, URE SUCH AN IDIOT! NOW U GOTTA BUY ANOTHER WII!!!!!!!!"

D

Deleted User

Uhhh ... what the hell???

Who in their right mind would melt their wii just to get it open?

It's like I buy a new car ... I can't get the hood open, so I take a chainsaw to cut a hole in the hood.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Here with shaun we had to do it too
wink.gif

Even with our joint strength, there was one screw that we couldn't remove no matter the effort or the tools!
We used the soldering iron to loosen the plastic around the screw so we could remove it softly.
It worked pretty well and there's no visible damage!

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Here with shaun we had to do it too
wink.gif

Even with our joint strength, there was one screw that we couldn't remove no matter the effort or the tools!
We used the soldering iron to loosen the plastic around the screw so we could remove it softly.
It worked pretty well and there's no visible damage!
i tried just removing the screw by just melting around it... but that failed because the faceplate melted onto the wii itself so it couldint be removed. (the wii at that point was unopenable)

so i held my breath... thought happy thoughts of candy/puppies/sex and just melted the whole bottom part of the wii faceplate right under the game inertion slot (i totaly burned out all that plastic including the little Wii logo)

*cries and cuts self with keyboard*

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I could never do what you have done. I would never forgive myself. By the way, I want to see those pictures. xD

D

Deleted User

That's absolutely nuts. That's the LAST thing I'd do. I'd buy a triwing screwdriver ... and if it didn't fit properly, then I'd buy another one. And If I couldn't open up my Wii STILL ... then I just wouldn't mod it.

But I definately wouldn't melt the plastic casing just to get inside the thing. That's so animalistic. Maybe you can get a replacement case or something.

blackflagget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, i would've just filed down the knob end of the screw driver until it could reach, or soldering it onto another screw driver to make it long enough.

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do yourself a favour and save some money up and get yourself a dremel rotary tool. With a cutting disc you could have saved the screws and only minorly damaged the case. I can understand panicking during a dissassembly and trying to remedy a situation with little forethought... but damn dude...

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And I thought you were severely impatient just to get your Wiikey! You couldn't wait until you could obtain a proper tool? Oh well, your $250, do with it what you like.

But please post pics so others can be (or refrain from being) "ballsy" like you.

Ah, the smell of burnt plastic Wii in the morning.

Dagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One of the screws in my Wii got completely stuck and after trying to cut it out and whatnot I managed to push it further into the console (so that it didn't hold on to anything anymore). It wasn't actually what I was going for but it did the trick
tongue.gif

It looks like a mess but fortunately it's behind the battery cover so nobody will see it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol