Hacking who else melted part of there wii to remove screws

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow! I would never contemplate doing this. I think this is the absolute stupidest thing I have ever seen. If you couldn't get the screws out, then you shouldn't have been opening it in the first place.

This is an abomination. You are sick.
wtf.gif

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
After reading more of this thread, I have come to a realization.

The only thing that you're worse at than Wii modding is Photography.

Seriously, I could take better pics than that with my bunghole. I could teach a kindergartener to take better pics than that in 30 seconds.

Pull the lens away from the object. Your camera can't focus that close, nor can your brain.

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States

Seriously, I could take better pics than that with my bunghole. I could teach a kindergartener to take better pics than that in 30 seconds.

Pull the lens away from the object. Your camera can't focus that close, nor can your brain.
its a cell phone camera so no it cant...

and i solderd my wiikey in... so i guess im kind of good at wii modding...

WunSick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.devo-e.com
XP
Country
United States
ok this person is an absolute moron who should not be allowed near pointy objects, objects small enough to swallow, small children and/or rodents, or any kind of toxic chemicals.

Seriously what the hell is wrong with you? Honestly I cannot figure it out. This right here is why im pro-choice.

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States

its a cell phone camera so no it cant...

and i solderd my wiikey in... so i guess im kind of good at wii modding...

Any cell phone camera can take better pics than that, as long as there is a competent person behind it.

nez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone out there considering getting a triwing screwdriver just to install their wii modchip, I really don't believe it's necessary. On my wii there were 6 silver triwing screws. These were easily removed with a flathead screwdriver.

Then there were two smaller black ones that hold the face plate on. These I could not remove with a flathead and ended up stripping pretty badly. I had resigned myself to getting a triwing screwdriver when I thought to use a soldering iron.

I placed the tip of the driver in the recess in the screw and pushed down lightly. When the screw starts to move, you know the plastic has been softened. Remove the iron and push one of the edges of the screw with a flathead. For me it turned very easily. As long as you are only heating it briefly, the plastic thread will remain intact, and you can replace the triwing screw with a regular screw when you put it all back together.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did it to remove one, but then when I got the Wiikey I decided I didn't want to screw with it and had someone else mod it for me. I regret doing that now, but it's not too noticeable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...