Hardware White to Black

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Later this year I'm planning on buying the new black wii but I want to do something awesome with the case.
Since you can't use the boot2 in the new wii I decided to swap cases with my currently UBER hacked wii to the black one.
So it would be white to black then white would be the unmodified one and balck would be my old white wii.
Here;'s my question: HOW HARD WOULD THIS BE FOR A NOOB HARDMOD HACKER? DO I NEED T0O SOLDER?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiluver135 said:
Later this year I'm planning on buying the new black wii but I want to do something awesome with the case.
Since you can't use the boot2 in the new wii I decided to swap cases with my currently UBER hacked wii to the black one.
So it would be white to black then white would be the unmodified one and balck would be my old white wii.
Here;'s my question: HOW HARD WOULD THIS BE FOR A NOOB HARDMOD HACKER? DO I NEED T0O SOLDER?
Yes, you will need to solder the white Wii's motherboard into the black Wii, but first you have to remove the black Wii's original motherboard. This will work, I know someone who attempted it and everything was the same.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't something like this be easier/cheaper? Not sure I'd pick that specific one, but it serves as a good example.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.34358

Last time I did some hardware wii mods, I don't recall having to solder any part to take off the case. Its mostly just screws. That said, its not hard, but it is tedius and you need a reliable way to know where all the screws and cables go.

*read the user reviews of the deal extreme case, you'll want to stear clear from that one, but maybe someone has done this mod before and can send you to a better case*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER