Hacking White screens on a lot of games

Tir

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've patched every rom according to what was listed on the M3 wiki, but a lot of the games just give white screens after loading, FF3, RE:DS, Jump Ultimate Stars and Pokemon Diamond come to mind. Others like Portrait of Ruin, Elite Beat Agents and Mario Kart work perfectly though, so what could be the problem? It wants to load a save from games I haven't even played before when I start them, is that normal? M3 Lite/Kingston 1GB/Passcard 3 and latest firmware/GM.

Thanks

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm on latest and personally the one game i could never ever get to work was brain wave even on safe mode. White screens

but most games i tried that white screened, worked well under safe mode

Tir

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm yeah safemode seems to have worked so far (FF3 and RE). Can slowdown be a problem with safemode compared to x4 though, or is lack of soft reset the only real downfall? FF3's intro didn't exactly look smooth, but I don't know if it's meant to be like that.

God knows why they don't work with the settings on the wiki though, it's E30c and V30a GM. Maybe because I'm using FAT with 64k clusters?

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Try using FAT32 with 8192 or 16K
Go to: Start -> Run -> diskmgmt.msc

Select your SD card and right-click "Format"

* Volume Label: Whatever you like
* File System: FAT32
* Allocation unit size: 8192

thanks wikipedia :X, this might help ya, it works for me FAT16 with 64 Cluster sometimes didnt work very well (ocasional crash here and there)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, then im lucky i havent updated yet +1