Hacking White DS randomly restarts

F34R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a US launch DS Lite, and it has started to power off randomly. The low battery indicator isn't showing, and I've even fully charged the battery to make sure it's not that. I've only used a SuperKey + Supercard SD with it, later replacing that with an R4.

The DS itself hasn't ever been flashed. Has anyone else had this problem ?

F34R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not able to check my battery seating right now because I don't have a screwdriver small enough lol. I plugged the home charger in, so this would negate any battery power issues wouldn't it ? With the charger plugged in, it still powers off while in a game. Weird no ?

Any other suggestions or comments would be appreciated as well.

F34R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o ok, then it might be a battery problem. I've pretty much eliminated everything else, i think lol.

As soon as a find my jewelers screwdriver, I'll check the battery. I guess I can swap my crimson ds battery with the white ds battery, and if the results are consistent, then I'll know.

Just in case it is the battery, where is a good place to find a nice authentic replacement battery ?

F34R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the link. I haven't ever been to that site, so I'm browsing it and finding other things I could get too lol. Still can't find my screwdriver, but I'm sure I'll find it tonight sometime.

Again, thanks for the quick replies. I appreciate it.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have got this problem as well..(as i mention in my sig..)
It happens mostly when i press either Y or B but sometimes it happens without touching them though.. but since the hinge broke, i bought a new one instead.. this can't be a battery problem can it? i mean.. it shuts of when i press some buttons ( well sometimes it just powers off as well.. )
hmm.. i don't really know what it could be..

F34R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i eliminated the battery problem. I was able to swap batteries from my crimson ds to my white, and the white ds battery in the crimson ds. The crimson ds didn't shut off with the white ds battery, and the white ds did still shut off using the crimson ds battery.

So, this isn't a battery issue it doesn't seem. Anyone have any other suggestions ?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, it sounds like the circuit board may have developed a bad connection somewhere that interrupts power when the buttons are pressed. Like a fracture (around the buttons) in the circuit board itself or a contact lead that's intermittent somewhere.

Seems I remember hearing of that issue before. Ninty would say it's from pressing the buttons too hard. The only recourse is to send it in for repair or just trash it and get a new one.

F34R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grrr... lol I'm trying to get in with Nintendo support and see if it's still under warranty lol. When was this thing released in the US ? I can't find my receipt, but I'm sure it's over the one year warranty....

Non-warranty repair is $75 !! Wonder if this is something that can be repaired at home ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Bye bye