Hacking Which software or firmware do I need for this R4i card?

PietHenk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys
So I wanted to try out my ds again, but found out my r4 wasn't able to save, every save got corrupted. Didn't know how I survived my childhood without being able to save but anyways. I deleted everything on the r4 card and tried some other firmwares trying to fix it not being able to save, but nothing worked. Now my ds doesnt recognize my r4 at all so I want to know if someone knows which firmware I need for this r4 card

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I saw on some other thread that if the ds recognises it as spongebob that its a clone. Mine also gets recognised as spongebob just FYI.

Attachments

• r4icard.jpg
    r4icard.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 231
Last edited by PietHenk,

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello there,

Do you appear to still have the box of the R4i card and can you tell us the website that is written in ?
I think it could be a little misbehavior of the firmware or even because it might be a bit dusty in the SD card location.

PietHenk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello there,

Do you appear to still have the box of the R4i card and can you tell us the website that is written in ?
I think it could be a little misbehavior of the firmware or even because it might be a bit dusty in the SD card location.
No I dont have the box anymore unfortunately. There also is no website written on it. I bought it like 6 years ago and the only thing I can remember is that it had to ship from China.

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by sp3off, , Reason: Firmware added.
Reactions: PietHenk

PietHenk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, let me see if I can find a similar card on the net.

EDITED: I'm now sure, it's an R4 - Gold R4I SDHC card.

(here's the non-3ds version)

Let me find the associated firmware :)
Still didn't recognise it, maybe there is something wrong with the hardware of the r4. Thanks for your work anyways!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No I dont have the box anymore unfortunately. There also is no website written on it. I bought it like 6 years ago and the only thing I can remember is that it had to ship from China.
It could be that it's not being recognized because you used a firmware for a different cart and bricked the cart, in that case there might not be an easy way to unbrick it, if the updater is a .nds file you can always try running it on a second flashcart, and swapping back to the bricked cart before you start the update, but that requires a second flashcart.
As for what kernel to use on it, have you tried ysmenu (the version for non-TTDS carts) or Wood R4 for clones? No point in trying those right now until you get the cart to recognize again though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...