Which slot-2 is the best for m3 real?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Dark, Aug 2, 2008.

Aug 2, 2008
  1. Dark
    OP

Member Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I want to get a good slot 2 for GBA games but i am not sure which one should get i was think about ez flash 4 or gba expanison but is there better?
    can m3 lite play gba games?

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    since you already have an m3real, you're probably best off with an expansion.
    ewin or m3real GBA expansion will give you the most features for playing GBA games.(RTS, cheats, loading directly from firmware)
    but you can also get EZ-flash 3 in 1, which includes rumble and i think also is a bit more reliable, but doesn't support RTS, cheats, and loading from firmware.

3. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    M3 lite works best, but is most expensive. It is, like the EZIV, a standalone cart instead of an expansion.
    The M3 Real can use the M3 lite, the M3 GBA Expansion Pack (best value if you have a real, only very slight disadvantages over the vastly more expensive M3 Lite Perfect) and the eWin Expansion Pack (worst, but also cheapest) natively.

4. Upperleft

Member Upperleft Namcoholic

United Arab Emirates
    wait, what?

5. Fat D

Germany
    no clock, barely enough SRAM (nearly none left for extras), no "extra features" like the 3in1 (semi-permanent memory, rumble)

6. Dark
    OP

United States
    nvm im gonna get a m3 lite

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    be prepared to look hard for one and you are gonna have to fork about $80 for one if you want it to play GBA games

8. strata8

Member strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Australia
    I'd recommend the GBA Expansion (Internal clock, 32MB RAM, Natively supported = More features) and it is also cheaper than the EzFlash 3-in-1 (in Australia, anyway)

9. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If your getting a M3 Lite in the US, I suggest Echostore.com Use the coupon code [e1068] to get 5% off your order.

10. Fat D

Germany
    The most expensive choice to make, but also the most powerful standalone cart to get.

11. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    True, M3 Lite is the best choice you can make, if you have enough money to afford one!!
    And as Joe88 said, it is becoming rare, and hard to find, so it could be good time to get one now!

12. Dark
    OP

United States
    i didnt get a m3 lite after reading about the stop production [​IMG]

13. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    heh go to kickgaming.com they sell m3 lites for 20$

14. xenon

Member xenon GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Bamboogaming still has a good assortment of Slot-2 carts at reasonable prices.

15. Fat D

Germany
    the do not, they sell the GBA expansion pack, which lacks any built-in code, a µSD slot, a boot rom and everything else that allows the M3 Lite Perfect to be used as a standalone device.

16. Dark
    OP

United States
    i don't care about the price i just read that they stop productioning m3 products so i am going with a different product.

17. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Well, if you're looking for a GBA compatibility, you won't find a better cart..
    Even if they stopped producing it, and there are no more updates, it has almost perfect compatibility with all GBA titles (there aren't new GBA games made for some time now)..SO it's the best choice you can make if you want GBA compatibility..if you're looking for a NDS gaming trough slot 2 too..Then, this might be somehow inferior choice, because newer games aren't updated, so you can't play some of them..

18. strata8

Member strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Australia
    They've stopped producing R4DS/M3 Simply, not all M3 products.

19. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think they stopped to produce M3 Lites too!!
    I might be wrong, but I these carts are turning rare by every day..There aren't many shops that have them in stock!!

20. Rob_Threat

Member Rob_Threat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    From what I've read on Chinese rumor forums and from China-based sellers... that seems to be true. Actually, all GBalpha Slot-2 products (except expansion packs) are said to be "out of production".

However, this isn't really news, they slowed down Slot-2 with the release of the R4/M3Simp, and had essentially stopped making Slot-2 devices by the time G6Real was launched.

Now, it's said only M3Real/Sakura and iTouch Slot-1s are being cranked out of GBalpha's sweatshops. [​IMG]

That said, GBalpha has a history of supporting their older products (the GBA MoviePlayer 1/2 still has a support page), and does make the best GBA compatible Slot-2 devices. With the M3Perfect line (M3CF, M3SD, M3miniSD, & M3Lite) being even better than G6 (the GBalpha flagship line) at running/saving GBA titles perfectly.

I have three M3Perfects (2 Lites & a mini) and a G6Lite for GBA SP, Micro, and DS RAM/GBA usage... wouldn't trade 'em for any other product.