Hacking Which slot-2 is the best for m3 real?

Dark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to get a good slot 2 for GBA games but i am not sure which one should get i was think about ez flash 4 or gba expanison but is there better?
can m3 lite play gba games?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
since you already have an m3real, you're probably best off with an expansion.
ewin or m3real GBA expansion will give you the most features for playing GBA games.(RTS, cheats, loading directly from firmware)
but you can also get EZ-flash 3 in 1, which includes rumble and i think also is a bit more reliable, but doesn't support RTS, cheats, and loading from firmware.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
M3 lite works best, but is most expensive. It is, like the EZIV, a standalone cart instead of an expansion.
The M3 Real can use the M3 lite, the M3 GBA Expansion Pack (best value if you have a real, only very slight disadvantages over the vastly more expensive M3 Lite Perfect) and the eWin Expansion Pack (worst, but also cheapest) natively.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no clock, barely enough SRAM (nearly none left for extras), no "extra features" like the 3in1 (semi-permanent memory, rumble)

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd recommend the GBA Expansion (Internal clock, 32MB RAM, Natively supported = More features) and it is also cheaper than the EzFlash 3-in-1 (in Australia, anyway)

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
True, M3 Lite is the best choice you can make, if you have enough money to afford one!!
And as Joe88 said, it is becoming rare, and hard to find, so it could be good time to get one now!

Dark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i didnt get a m3 lite after reading about the stop production
hate2.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
shadowhunter93 said:
heh go to kickgaming.com they sell m3 lites for 20$
the do not, they sell the GBA expansion pack, which lacks any built-in code, a µSD slot, a boot rom and everything else that allows the M3 Lite Perfect to be used as a standalone device.

Dark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i don't care about the price i just read that they stop productioning m3 products so i am going with a different product.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, if you're looking for a GBA compatibility, you won't find a better cart..
Even if they stopped producing it, and there are no more updates, it has almost perfect compatibility with all GBA titles (there aren't new GBA games made for some time now)..SO it's the best choice you can make if you want GBA compatibility..if you're looking for a NDS gaming trough slot 2 too..Then, this might be somehow inferior choice, because newer games aren't updated, so you can't play some of them..

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm not 100% sure, but I think they stopped to produce M3 Lites too!!
I might be wrong, but I these carts are turning rare by every day..There aren't many shops that have them in stock!!

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think they stopped to produce M3 Lites too!!
I might be wrong, but I these carts are turning rare by every day..There aren't many shops that have them in stock!!

From what I've read on Chinese rumor forums and from China-based sellers... that seems to be true. Actually, all GBalpha Slot-2 products (except expansion packs) are said to be "out of production".

However, this isn't really news, they slowed down Slot-2 with the release of the R4/M3Simp, and had essentially stopped making Slot-2 devices by the time G6Real was launched.

Now, it's said only M3Real/Sakura and iTouch Slot-1s are being cranked out of GBalpha's sweatshops.
rolleyes.gif

That said, GBalpha has a history of supporting their older products (the GBA MoviePlayer 1/2 still has a support page), and does make the best GBA compatible Slot-2 devices. With the M3Perfect line (M3CF, M3SD, M3miniSD, & M3Lite) being even better than G6 (the GBalpha flagship line) at running/saving GBA titles perfectly.

I have three M3Perfects (2 Lites & a mini) and a G6Lite for GBA SP, Micro, and DS RAM/GBA usage... wouldn't trade 'em for any other product.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I hate when there is a line at the gang bang