Hacking Which Slot 1 and 2 cards to buy

pblake03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm looking for a slot 1 card to buy on which I can play DS games on my DS Light, I'm also looking for a Slot 2 card so that I can play GBA games on my DS light. Which cards should I buy so that I can play both GBA and DS games on my DS? For both cards I'd like to be able to store more than one rom at a time. Thanks for your suggestions!

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wich slot one card you buy will likely be the hardest choice... i have been researching these for 3+ years on this website... they finally made newer cards ...
so basically they all do the same thing and we can expect all clean roms to work flawlessly... but they all just go about it different ways.
from the reviews, and personal experience i find that the ds one and dstt are very easy to use
the dstt is easy to set up, but the interface shows every single file that is on the card, but you can organize it all on the card via the computer. so no folder browsing on dstt. but fast fast fast.
supercard dsonei has the new evo os "eos" and it is truly an awesome interface, easy to use but tricky to set up. the included instructions work perfect for the original operating system. for the new eos they do not tell you to download updateen file and drag and drop to card and download usercheat.dat file, drag and drop into dsone file on card... and your good to go! follow all other instructions.

i also understand acecard 2 is very very highly admired... i would have went with that if it werent for the real time text guide feature on supercard!

now i have found the deal breaker with the slot 2 combo...

not all cards fully support the 3in1 wich is just about th e ONLY easily available slot 2 card on the market. i believe they all will function quite well running gba, nes or snes roms like my dstt and supercard, but not browser... nothing i have tried has got dsbrowser functioning.. so its not impossible, im saying after weeks of searching for support it is too complicated and confusing.

ez v slot 1 and 3in1 slot work perfectly without any complicated changes/mods/patching

i am not sure about acecard2, but it does work( dont know how easy or difficult just know that it does)

and of course m3 supports m3 supercard supports supercard etc.

so if dsbrowser or moeny is not a big issue, and you want something tried and true, easy, and full featured my suggestion is acecard, or supercard... there are clodes of dstt and r4 that make things difficult out there, and they are cheap cheap cheap.
acecard is around 10-12 and acecard 2i around 12-14 usd.

the ezv combo pack around $35 and the m4 the same $35...

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WARNING: CROSS BRAND CART SUPPORT FROM DSCART HOMEPAGE FAIL

With my current setup :Supercard DSoneI and DSTT with the EZ3in1 combo... dsbrowser will not work because the cards do not support the rumble/browser memory natively...and cannot find the right hack/update/romcheat in millions of search results etc.

this is the email response i recieved from EZFlash:

Thank you for your email.
EZ team released the software for EZ 3in1 with EZv and EZvi.
for other brand cards that we can not get any code and we also have no right to do it.
So i can not help you if you still want to use EZ 3in1 with DSonei or TT.

this is the email response i recieved from Supercard

Dear alphanemisis,
Thank you for your email. I am sorry I can not help you, because I don't have a ez falsh 3 ni 1, I suggest you go to ezflash office website to find a help.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

so both companies refuse to help because i have different brand stuff.

can you imagine what could happen if all the companies worked together? we would all have better stuff, for better prices!
why the claim for wifi, download, and browser support if it is not fully compatable?

i have been told by other members that there is some rom hack/support file out there, but out of hundreds of stuff = needle in a haystack, noone has yet to give me a link for anything let alone anything that works

thanks for reading and your reply is welcome and direct message is welcome

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no prob.... i wish someone would have helped me a long time ago... everyone said to get a cyclo... but it was way too expensive...still is.... i absolutely love my supercard....better than the cheap dstt.... but it prettymuch gets the job done... some roms dont play though.... probably the old almost full 1gb card though, but i dont know.

and besides... anybody is always happy to complain about something lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0