Hacking Which R4 Card to Buy?

ACWW Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm planning on getting my first 3DS flashcart and there seems to be several version of the R4 (r4 revolution 3ds, r4 wood, etc) and was wondering which one is the best (assuming they're all around the same price range)? I already have an 8Gb micro SD so I just need a standalone card.

Also, are the flashcards region locked? I live in Canada but
am travelling to Europe and noticed that there are some retailers there who sell these in France and Germany.

And one more thing, will these cards be updated to run 3DS ROMs when an emulator is discovered or will I need to buy another card? Thanks.

EDIT: Most of the retailers are sites, are there any stores I can go into in France, Germany, Switzerland or Austria that sell these?

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
NO CARD out now will can or will run 3ds roms at any point, all card run in DS mode, you WILL HAVE to BUT A NEW CARD(if that the way you will run 3DS roms)

and you might want to look at NOT getting a R4, but a look at getting a supercard ds Two

only is the best place to buy Flash cards

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm planning on getting my first 3DS flashcart and there seems to be several version of the R4 (r4 revolution 3ds, r4 wood, etc) and was wondering which one is the best (assuming they're all around the same price range)? I already have an 8Gb micro SD so I just need a standalone card.

Also, are the flashcards region locked? I live in Canada but
am travelling to Europe and noticed that there are some retailers there who sell these in France and Germany.

And one more thing, will these cards be updated to run 3DS ROMs when an emulator is discovered or will I need to buy another card? Thanks.

EDIT: Most of the retailers are sites, are there any stores I can go into in France, Germany, Switzerland or Austria that sell these?

From what I understand, the flashcarts are not region locked, it doesn't matter where you will buy yours.
I recommend looking at this topic to know what flashcart you should buy: http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/
And I don't think you'll be able to run 3DS ROMs with the present flashcarts, you'll probably need to buy another one.
About the stores I can't answer you that.

ACWW Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are the differences between the R4 and Supercard?

And are there any retailers that sell them in Europe? I'd rather not wait for shipping.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you have enough money and you want more features, you can choose dstwo.
If you care about the price , just choose r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn).

Reactions: Joe88 and TackyPie

clauspatrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the official site for dstwo is supercard.sc , yeah,there is no wonder dstwo is the best card at present, but the price is higher too.If you like r4 card.then r4i gold rts 3ds is your best choice,just as above guys suggested. r4i gold 3ds uses famous wood firmware,with a quicker updating as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster