Which R4 Card to Buy?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ACWW Hacker, Mar 29, 2013.

Mar 29, 2013

Which R4 Card to Buy? by ACWW Hacker at 2:50 PM (1,831 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. ACWW Hacker
    OP

Newcomer ACWW Hacker Newbie

Canada
    I'm planning on getting my first 3DS flashcart and there seems to be several version of the R4 (r4 revolution 3ds, r4 wood, etc) and was wondering which one is the best (assuming they're all around the same price range)? I already have an 8Gb micro SD so I just need a standalone card.

Also, are the flashcards region locked? I live in Canada but
    am travelling to Europe and noticed that there are some retailers there who sell these in France and Germany.

And one more thing, will these cards be updated to run 3DS ROMs when an emulator is discovered or will I need to buy another card? Thanks.

EDIT: Most of the retailers are sites, are there any stores I can go into in France, Germany, Switzerland or Austria that sell these?

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    NO CARD out now will can or will run 3ds roms at any point, all card run in DS mode, you WILL HAVE to BUT A NEW CARD(if that the way you will run 3DS roms)

and you might want to look at NOT getting a R4, but a look at getting a supercard ds Two

only is the best place to buy Flash cards

3. Hyura

Member Hyura GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    From what I understand, the flashcarts are not region locked, it doesn't matter where you will buy yours.
    I recommend looking at this topic to know what flashcart you should buy: http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/
    And I don't think you'll be able to run 3DS ROMs with the present flashcarts, you'll probably need to buy another one.
    About the stores I can't answer you that.

4. ACWW Hacker
    OP

Newcomer ACWW Hacker Newbie

Canada
    What are the differences between the R4 and Supercard?

And are there any retailers that sell them in Europe? I'd rather not wait for shipping.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  6. superrainbow
    This message by superrainbow has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Mar 30, 2013
  7. Depot4usales
    This message by Depot4usales has been removed from public view by Costello, Apr 26, 2013.
    Apr 16, 2013
  8. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    If you have enough money and you want more features, you can choose dstwo.
    If you care about the price , just choose r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn).

Joe88 and TackyPie like this.
  9. Liz Green
    This message by Liz Green has been removed from public view by Costello, Apr 26, 2013.
    Apr 16, 2013
  10. Guysbiz
    This message by Guysbiz has been removed from public view by raulpica, Apr 23, 2013.
    Apr 18, 2013
  11. clauspatrick

Newcomer clauspatrick Member

United States
    the official site for dstwo is supercard.sc , yeah,there is no wonder dstwo is the best card at present, but the price is higher too.If you like r4 card.then r4i gold rts 3ds is your best choice,just as above guys suggested. r4i gold 3ds uses famous wood firmware,with a quicker updating as well.

12. Depot4usales
    This message by Depot4usales has been removed from public view by Costello, Apr 26, 2013.
    Apr 24, 2013