Hacking Which one should I buy: CycloDS or ttds/dstt?

catsby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a slot 2 SuperCard Rumble for my NDSphat and I haven't been able to play Browsers Inside Story or Zelda spirit tracks because of the new anti-piracy measures. And there has been no more support for slot 2 cards from the SuperCard company. So now I'm looking into buying a new slot 1 card. I did a little research and narrowed it down to either a CycloDS or ttds/dstt. I'm not really interested in any fancy features I just want to be able to play roms and have good support available when there are problems.

I'm hesitant to buy the ttds/dstt because it seems there's better developer support for the CycloDS. Also the forums for CycloDS is better and more streamlined than the confusing mess at Neoflash for ttds/dstt. But it seems like I can just go to GBAtemp for future ttds/dstt support if I need it. I know I'm gonna have to be going through the forums in the future because of future anti-piracy measures. On the other hand, the CycloDS is more expensive than the ttds/dstt.

Which one has better support from its flash card producer?
It seems like there are fakes out for the ttds/dstt; is RealHotStuff a reliable website?
So which one do you think I should get?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol, strange how he asked about just 2 specific flashcards, and got only answers for 2 other flashcards.
(Ok, he gets the advice to not buy the top toy..)

Any how:

But the DSTWO it's THE BEST. (Yet to be released.)

If you want to get one now:

For DSi:
M3i Zero (better DSi Update survival) / Acecard 2i (more fanboys.)

For DS Lite:
Cyclo DS. (It looks like the DSTWO, but without CPU.)

So all by all:
If you can wait long time for just a little better flash card than the Cyclo DS. Get a DSTWO.
If you want one now get a Cyclo DS.

In my opinion: Buy a Cyclo DS. (Assured greatly support, and to be the first with everything even without extra CPU.)

Dealextreme Cyclo DS:http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29384

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're from USA you can get the Cyclo from realhotstuff.com with free shipping. That's where I've got it from and it was here in 3 days.

The official support for Cyclo got a bit slow in the past 2 months but it shouldn't be so for much longer.
DSTT would be pretty much a dead cart without unofficial support.

If you want the best build quality and stability and you can be patient when they're slow with the updates, get a Cyclo.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i / M3 is the best. But don't buy form DealExtreme. Percentage of missing items from them is high, handling&shipping time is too long (I'm not joke it is 1-6 months) customer service is low standard. It's not worthwhile to risk.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
The Top Toy is worthless, you are probably getting better support from the Supercard team for their slot 2 cards than the Top Toy.

Quite honestly, the best choice for you is the AceKard (which I am giving out for free in my raffle, look at my sig if you can wait until Christmas for it to ship out). No features, dirt cheap, but GREAT support.

Smart one you don't have a sig.

Go to dsdatabase.org for the raffle OP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated