Homebrew Question Which NSP installer supports USBHDD:/ except SX Installer?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes but there are people who dont waste 32gb on emunand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

or howmany gb it was

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the fact that SXOS is still the superior custom firmware
Ah man, I know right. I just love SX's heavily outdated fork of stratosphere (ams' sysmodules), lack of custom Secure Monitor, lack of very useful debugging tools, factually inferior cheat engine, Gateway's horrible communication with their shills customers, SX's DRM (drm on a cfw lol), inability to load additional custom sysmodules, it being incredibly late to get updates for literally no reason, the fact that it pointlessly costs money, the fact that it actively breaks licenses on various homebrew projects, it being illegal to distribute due to it containing some Nintendo's code, the fact that Gateway works with people who are incredibly toxic, and probably more that I don't remember at the moment :)

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Reactions: Zumoly

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes but there are people who dont waste 32gb on emunand

or howmany gb it was

You can reduce the emunand to 5GB.

Ah man, I know right. I just love SX's heavily outdated fork of stratosphere (ams' sysmodules), lack of custom Secure Monitor, factually inferior cheat engine, Gateway's horrible communication with their shills customers, SX's DRM (drm on a cfw lol), inability to load additional custom sysmodules, it being incredibly late to get updates for literally no reason, the fact that it pointlessly costs money, the fact that it actively breaks licenses on various homebrew projects, it being illegal to distribute due to it containing some Nintendo's code, the fact that Gateway works with people who are incredibly toxic, and probably more that I don't remember at the moment :)

Yes but SX is still working good, thanks to your technical points but end-users wouldn't care that much.

SX users could switch to Atmosphere anytime but not now until emunand support comes to Atmosphere, it might be.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but SX is still working good, thanks to your technical points but end-users wouldn't care that much.

SX users could switch to Atmosphere anytime but not now until emunand support comes to Atmosphere, it might be.
If it works for you and others, great :), I don't have any issues with that. My issue it when people say complete bullcrap (ex. that other person saying SX is factually the best when in fact it is not in most aspects)

Reactions: Lacius

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If it works for you and others, great :), I don't have any issues with that. My issue it when people say complete bullcrap (ex. that other person saying SX is factually the best when in fact it is not in most aspects)

Technically, it works as it should be. Why do people care about other aspects that don't affect to their experiences?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere zombies literally just trying to say EmuNAND isn't an important feature. Oh lordy.
emuNAND is only an important feature to people who pay for online play, and for some of them, it's not worth the financial (or moral) price tag of SX OS. emuNAND is also coming to Atmosphere eventually.

Reactions: peteruk

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, it works as it should be. Why do people care about other aspects that don't affect to their experiences?
Again, if it works as you want it too, then great. But just because it does what you and a few others want, doesn't make it factually the best

Reactions: Lacius

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have SX and the only thing I'd miss is usb installation, which for whatever reason doesn't work on the other cfw. Emunand don't care, banned, usb loading don't care, 400gb sd. USB Installation is convenient. But what would really bum me out as SX user is when there's a 7.0 game coming that you can't patch to work on 6.2. Once that happens, I'll be gone.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- SX OS doesn't support 7.0.0 and higher.

- That's possible, but TX would have to independently break TSEC, and that's easier said than done. They've also never demonstrated the ability to do something like that.

- Well, at first sxos had better way to play games before atmos, then after a while that changed.. so why just because we still doesnt have 7.0.1 support for sxos would that be a problem ? just wait.

- Okey then atmosphere or rei or any other os has never demostrated the ability to do something like hdd suport or xci loading..so.. :D

Last edited by ombus,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have SX and the only thing I'd miss is usb installation, which for whatever reason doesn't work on the other cfw. Emunand don't care, banned, usb loading don't care, 400gb sd. USB Installation is convenient. But what would really bum me out as SX user is when there's a 7.0 game coming that you can't patch to work on 6.2. Once that happens, I'll be gone.
You can install NSP files from a computer using a USB connection and Atmosphere.

Okey then atmosphere or rei or any other os has never demostrated the ability to do something like hdd suport or xci loading.. :D
I wanted to sardonically respond just by saying, "So?" because few people care about those features. In other words, 7.0.x support is much more important than whether or not I can load an XCI file.

Instead, I thought it would be better to point out that these things are much easier than breaking TSEC. Also, speaking only about Atmosphere for a moment, the developers don't care one bit about these two things. That's the hurdle.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to sardonically respond just by saying, "So?" because few people care about those features. In other words, 7.0.x support is much more important than whether or not I can load an XCI file.

Instead, I thought it would be better to point out that these things are much easier than breaking TSEC. Also, speaking only about Atmosphere for a moment, the developers don't care one bit about these two things. That's the hurdle.
So just because the devs doesnt care then its okay but when sxos doesnt have 7.0.1 support its bad ? and if its so easy to break why havent we seen it in any other os ?
in the end one will use the one they like..

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just because the devs doesnt care then its okay but when sxos doesnt have 7.0.1 support its bad ?
Because if TX doesn't care about adding 7.0.x support, then they're abandoning SX OS and its users.

Uh... PNG files would like a word with WAD files...? Your non-sequitur is baffling.
I'm going to pretend you don't know what I'm talking about, because your response doesn't make sense otherwise. Gateway was a 3DS flashcart that used 3DS files that are analogous to XCI files. When CIA files (analogous to NSP files) became popular, people preferred them over 3DS files because they were free to use.

The sentiment seems to be the same with regard to NSP files vs. XCI files.

Last edited by Lacius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up