Hacking Which NAND using to go online and which one to keep offline using SX SDEmunand and how to get there?

naitsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Guys,

im using an older version of SX OS right now and never messed with their first attempt on internal Emunand nor installed any NSPS, because i was affraid of a ban. I also deleted my internet connection because oft hat reason. My OFW is on 5.1 right now. And i backed up my clean Nand before my first use of SXOS. Because TX found a solution for SD Emunand i want to try reaching the following goal as safe as possible:

1. I want to have one Nand that stays as clean as possible, which i can use to play online

2. I want to have one Nand that stays offline i can play my backups with, install nsps without worrying and install emulators.

Im following the whole scene and this board for a long time now, but couldnt find the answer how to reach these goals. I`m leaning towards creating an Emunand that stays offline all the time to do the homebrew and SXOS stuff and to keep my SYSNAND up to date, to go online with it, without mesing around with it in any way. But i recently stumbled upon some issues with that plan:

1. I heard that the newest System update changed a lot. I know its impossible for nintendo to patch out the RCM door SXOS is using. But what are the other issues with this new FW? Could updating the SYSNAND lead to any issues with homebrew compability?

2. On top of that i heard some people lost their emunand because of updating their sysnand. Is that just a problem with internal emunand or could that happen to sd emunand too?

Summarizing: My most important question is: Could such a model work out? Keep Emunand offline to mess around with it and keep sysnand always up to date? Or would updating make me lose emunand or compability all the time?

Should i make it the other way round? Keeping Emunand up to date and clean to go online with it and keep sysnand offline? I tend to prefer onlline Sysnand because that should theoretically be more safe (eg less detectable). But are there any notable backdraws going this route?

On top of that: How do i restore my backed up nand and make safe my newly generated emunand is unlinked to my sysnand? O rare they unlinked by default if i use SDemunand? Are there any tutorials somewhere?

Notes: Please dont start this shit discussion of: „There is no safe way to use CFW. Buy a second switch bla bla bla“. I already KNOW that modding your system is always a risk of being banned and im willing to take that risk. I cant afford a second switch and i want to go the route that is most safe, with the least risk of being banned or getting to a point where your CFW isnt compatiblle anymore. I KNOW that there is no perfectly safe way. So please don`t disuss that. I just want to go the way of least risk. I tried to answer all these questions myself by searching the forums and following the scene but got confused by lots oft things (problems with the newest OFW, internal and SD EMUNAND, linked and unlinked NANDS, lost emunands by updating).

Could someone please elaborate which is the way of least risk and how to get there? (How to restore Nand, how to unlink nands, how to keep emunand while updating and decision of which nand should stay offline and which one should go online? That would be such a great help for me cause i cant get to a solution by reading through the forums. Thank you all VERY much!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just restore your clean NAND (that means boot0/boot1 and rawnand) and setup EmuNAND. You have the choice between installing it to internal memory, installing to your SD card as a file, or partitioning your micro SD card. All of them have their own ups and downs but the least "detectable" is definitely the partition method. If you want them to remain unlinked, make a copy of the Nintendo folder and rename it to "Emutendo" (without the quotes obviously) which will be the folder EmuNAND uses.

Reactions: ILLPLEASA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT