Gaming which motherboard is better

cheez203

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi guys. Im having a tough decision on whether or not i should purchase the Gigabyte 890GPA UD3h or the ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3. The only difference is found was the asus has more sideport memory for intergrated video and does not have the 2 additional sata 3 gb\s that the gigabyte has and that the gigabyte has 2 pci-e at 1x and the asus has 1 pcie at 1x and one at 4x. Which one would you purchase? Thanks in advance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813128435 (Gigabyte)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...RO%2fUSB3(ASUS)

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit of an Asus fanboy, but in my honest opinion, I would choose the Gigabyte board. I don't really see anything that justifies the extra $20. They both have the sideport memory thing, so the Asus just seems to have less features. I tried to look at some benchmarks for both boards, and it seems that the Gigabyte is a bit faster as well. I tend to run probably more hdds than I should, so I would always advice someone to give themselves as much room to expand as possible. Put that extra $20 somewhere it'll really count.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The asus one has easta and an x4 port but for that looses 2internal sata & one PCI-E x1 slot. Also the gigabyte board has all side positioned sata ports. Personally I'd go for the gigabyte board (although I would go for a way lower price range
wink.gif
).

cheez203

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the replies! So basically, the x4 pci-e isnt much better than the 1x and i already have one esata on the case im buying. But will there be a significant difference between the 128mb sideport memory for the gigabyte than the 512mb for the asus? thanks for all the advice.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

while I agree that there are not many differences between the board, be sure to check the most recent reviews.

I personally have the Asus board. When I was doing comparison about 9-10 months ago, the Gigabyte board had a lot of bad reviews in regards to the SidePort memory being defective.

If you plan to buy a graphics card with the purchase, this shouldnt affect you. I had to rely on the integrated for a short while until I could afford my 460GTX.

Not knockin the Gigabyte as my 460 is Gigabyte, but please read the most recent reviews to see if the issue with the SidePort memory is still there.

I can personally say that I love the Asus board. Has all the connections that I need, and the board stays at typically 28 degrees in a CoolerMaster Sniper case. OC'ing is also pretty easy from within the BIOS or the so-so application that you can install (turbo-v or something?).

Hope this helps.

EDIT: One thing that I ABSOLUTELY hate about my ASUS board is the fact that you have to mount the GFX card on the bottom PCIE slot for it to run at 16x speed. The top will only run at 8x. Just a heads-up. I am lucky enough that my case allows my PSU to draw air from the outside, not affecting airflow for the GFX card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/GVs1tc_vq0g?si=iEFwQrZgTr004u5g