flyn dutchmn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everybody,

I was wondering which flash cart would work best for me.

I have a DS lite, and will use it only for DS games.

I'm thinking an Acekard or a SuperCard, but am unsure about reliability and features.

I will most likely buy from Shoptemp to avoid fakes, which seems to be all I have bought.

Thanks in advance,

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If swimming in cash (Supercard DSTWO)
If not swimming in cash (Acekard 2)

Both have excellent compatibility with Supercard just having the edge.

Balee56

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
If you're impatient buy Supercard DSTWO because it gets more frequent updates than the Acekard.
Otherwise Acekard is pretty good,because it's cheap and it doesn't have any extras that you won't use.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually recommend that you look into EZ-Flash Vi. I'm surprised that no one mention this cart.

If you want reliability then Acekard is not for you. One thing that Acekard suffers is build quality. You can either get really lucky or get really unlucky from Acekard.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, wrong section!!!

Anyways if you want a cart for just DS games, get a Acekard 2i (It'll work in DS, Lite, DSi/XL) - Build quality ain't good but it's still a near perfect card for NDS games and Homebrew with great compatibility.
If you also thinking of extra features such as Real Time Save, More Horse Power get the FUGGIN Supercard DSTWO!!! - Build Quality Okay, But the in-built features is just wonderful, more than what your asking for, way more!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSTWO unless you are on a budget. Not only do you have built in GBA emulation, it can also defeat the AP on most games without requiring a software update like other carts.. It does this using 'Clean' mode, however when using this mode patches suchs as cheats are disabled. When they do a software update (which are frequent), you will then be able to use cheats etc on the game.

Otherwise you could always wait for AKAIO 1.8 and see what it brings to the table.

If it were me, i'd get the DSTWO without a moments thought.

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
DSTwo all the way. Acekard 2i depends on AKAIO. And AKAIO is three people doing a great job but just for the pleasure of doing it. I think that the $$$ behind the Supercard DSTwo updates gives a little more guarantee about support lasting in time. It's only my personal supposition.

DSTwo mostly needs no updates. Acekard 2i need them.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have both the Acekard 2i and the Supercard DSTwo, and from what experience I have with them both I say get the DStwo if you have the extra cash, not just for the advanced ap mode and gba/snes emulators but also because with it you get the Supercard team working on its firmware. If you don't have the extra money for a DStwo the Acekard is a great choice for a budget gamer that wants nothing but to play games and homebrew, but some games may reqquire patching, and the Acekard is supported by AKAIO team which is an unofficial team so their support could stop at any time, and the actual Acekard team rarely update their own firmware they leave all fixes to the AKAIO team mostly.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Acekard would be a great choice, if there was an official team working on firmware - as it is, you are dependant on AKAIO, which whilst excellent no longer has updates as often as it used to.

I'd go for the Supercard 2 as others have said. If you were on a budget an R4 from Shoptemp would also be a decent option as Wood R4 seems to be updated with some regularity.

flyn dutchmn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the opinions guys.

I'm leaning towards the Acekard as it's cheaper, and still reliable. Seeing as I'm only using it for DS games, the Supercard seems unnecesary except for its' frequent updates.

I've been given a couple cd's with DS games on them, and will only be loading the DS with these games. The newest games that will be on there are "New Super Mario Bros" and games released around that timeframe.

If I buy an Acekard from ShopTemp, and purchase the Premium updating and flashing, do I need to worry about patches and such if I'm not going to be putting on newly released games?

Sorry if it's a confusing question.

This thread has definitely helped me wrap my head around it though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)