Hacking Which is better: freeloader or video mode changer?

kedest

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm now downloading a dvd5 release of ntsc ssbb that has already all of the videos relinked
But to get it running on pal will require a few more steps I guess. So which is better to use to get the game running?
Burn the dvd5 directly and use pal freeloader, or first patch the main.dol with the video mode changer?
And also, how do I remove the update from the disc?

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
On the DVD5 version I have Freeloader only blackscreens if I don't set 480i in wii settings>screen first. Output is then 480i NTSC and displays correctly on the screen no overscan or bars.

Which is logical I suppose since NTSC Wii wouldn't have a 576i setting.

Lots of posts/methods on how to handle the update the easiest being with Freeloader, but I found out too late to do it myself.

kedest

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok thanx.
so i found wii update manager (wum). What should I do with the update on the disc? Just remove it, or replace it by a pal firmware?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Just leave it.

I suggest patching the __update.inf file on the disc itself and trucha signing it. Then you can let the update run with no ill effects. At the same time, use the Wii video mode patcher on the main.dol, and afterwards use the latest regionfrii to change it to PAL.

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
and what is the way to play 480p on pal? my tv always sets back to 480i .. used the videomode changer.. will it help when i start the freeloader before running an unmodified version of brawl?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.