Help with Patching Video Mode on TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector

IncubatedDucks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

First and foremost, I want to apologize for the question and if it's ever been asked or addressed. I've searched this website and others extensively for a solution but keep coming back to the same confusion.

I'm trying to inject Super Mario Sluggers onto my PAL Wii U using TeconMoon's injector. I've done this with other games so I'm already familiar with the base process for injecting Wii games however for SOME region games, such as Super Mario Sluggers, I understand a video patch is required.

Instructions online seem to indicate this can be done with TeconMoon's Injector. I go to the "Advanced" tab as instructed, and then click on "Patch video mode with Wii-VMC". Now, here's where the confusion lies. A (blank) CMD window pops up during conversion... okay... now what? Everyone everywhere says they recommend using the "Smart Option" but what does this mean? There's nothing to click and typing "smart option" doesn't do anything. I'm completely lost on this step and would sincerely appreciate any clarification.

dave1818

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

First and foremost, I want to apologize for the question and if it's ever been asked or addressed. I've searched this website and others extensively for a solution but keep coming back to the same confusion.

I'm trying to inject Super Mario Sluggers onto my PAL Wii U using TeconMoon's injector. I've done this with other games so I'm already familiar with the base process for injecting Wii games however for SOME region games, such as Super Mario Sluggers, I understand a video patch is required.

Instructions online seem to indicate this can be done with TeconMoon's Injector. I go to the "Advanced" tab as instructed, and then click on "Patch video mode with Wii-VMC". Now, here's where the confusion lies. A (blank) CMD window pops up during conversion... okay... now what? Everyone everywhere says they recommend using the "Smart Option" but what does this mean? There's nothing to click and typing "smart option" doesn't do anything. I'm completely lost on this step and would sincerely appreciate any clarification.
I had the same problem, however the window does still accept the relevant inputs. You need to type 'a' then return to select Smart Option followed by '1' then return to select NTSC->PAL ('2' then return for PAL->NTSC). One final return to close the window and it should continue without issue. If you change the Build Output to Debug you will see the text that was missing from the cmd app but only after you make your selections.

Another method that might work would be to run the app manually. Once the blank CMD window appears, open a new CMD window and navigate to 'C:\users\<id>\appdata\local\temp\wiivcinjector' and then enter 'tooldir\exe\wii-vmc sourcetemp\isoextract\sys\main.dol'. This should run the converter properly. Once it is finished force close the blank CMD window and the process should continue happily along.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?