isemen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hello!

Which GBA flashcard do i need to play GBA Roms like Pokemon Firered and Pokemon Emerald, to activate GBA Pokemon on my Pokemon Platinum and to use AR cheats? I have a Nintendo DS Lite, a DSI XL and a R4 SDHC Dual Core.

isemen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Is this the only card with RTC? What about the EZ Flash IV? I know it doesnt have v RTC. But i believe there is a patch for this problem. Do the GBA flashcards support AR Cheats?

Last edited by isemen,

MrCatFace

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Flashcards will not allow you to transfer Pokemon from Gen 3 (GBA games) to Gen 4 (DS games) directly. Emerald isn't effected greatly by the lack of RTC. You should be fine with an EZ Flash

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
You’ll need something with a real time clock. The everdrive Gba x5 is what you want. Krikzz.com has them on sale now. I just ordered mine.
he doesn't need real time clock...
it's optional. its a cool thing to have but i's not needed
Is there any way to do it tho
i believe there are patches if you use a 4th GEN game in a flashcart + ez iv, or at least with the ez 3in1

you guys can also grab your saves into your pc and edit them with a saving tool which is the easiest method
(for grab saves from a ds game you need either a 3ds with cfw, or a ds lite or phat with a flashcart)

for grab\inject GBA saves from\to gba official carts you can use a ds lite\phat + ds flashcart
or a nice gbx cart reader like this one (got one myself) https://www.insidegadgets.com/projects/gbxcart-rw/

Last edited by migles,

isemen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
But you can activate some GBA Pokemon in Pokemon Platinum if you have a Nintendo DS Lite. You put the GBA games Ruby, Saphire, Emerald, Firered or Leafgreen in the GBA Slot after you have the national dex. This is how i have meant. But because i only have Pokemon Emerald i wanted to buy the right GBA Flashcard for the roms that enables AR Cheats and Real Time Clock. Too bad that everdrive is so expensive

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
But you can activate some GBA Pokemon in Pokemon Platinum if you have a Nintendo DS Lite. You put the GBA games Ruby, Saphire, Emerald, Firered or Leafgreen in the GBA Slot after you have the national dex. This is how i have meant. But because i only have Pokemon Emerald i wanted to buy the right GBA Flashcard for the roms that enables AR Cheats and Real Time Clock. Too bad that everdrive is so expensive
everdrive wouln't allow that, the DS game will look for an official cartridge.. i believe you can trick that with some flashcarts like the 3in1 (altough i am not sure), but for transfer the pokemons using palpark you need to patch the ds game
you probably want better to load the game from a ds flashcart and load the cheats for thoose events to happen

rtc in emerald\ruby\Sapphira is just for 2-3 things, totally optional
berries
that secret island
and i do believe it affects that feebas spots

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
it seems there is a language barrier
yeah i do understand you want the dual slot thing to work, which i believe you can simply a cheat in a ds flashcart for that.. dont need a slot 2 flashcart

the everdrive won't trick the ds game or help you with the dual slot function (or even the palpark)
let me test something with the ez iv, i will be back in a minute, i remember something that the dual slot could be easily triggered in a ez iv by writing the game to the NOR memory, but let me test it first and tell ya in a minute

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
ok, just tested and nope, writing to the nor in a ez iv. is no use.
you can't dual slot with a gba flashcart that easy, you are better off with a DS flashcart and use cheats in the DS
OP if you really want dual slot you are better just purchasing the games.. i do believe the clones\fakes do work with dual slot mode but not palpark

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I imagine some of the older carts can be used. Some of the NOR only ones with a single rom. Even then I wouldn't be sure, and it's not like they are easy to find, cheap, or all that easy to configure.
That was what I was thinking as well.
To use that feature you need a slot-2 flashcart without a built in loader. The EZ3-in-1 should work if you can still find one but it doesn't have RTC.
Older flashcarts made for use with a single game at a time should also work and some of these have RTC but they will be even harder to find.
Pal Park will not work out of the box though I believe, as GBA flashcarts use SRAM saves unlike the original games which used flash, and the DS games are expecting flash. Pokepatch can supposedly be used to circumvent this and apparently also makes them work with the NOR flash on the EZ4, which should still be available at online stores, but again, doesn't have RTC.
ok, just tested and nope, writing to the nor in a ez iv. is no use.
you can't dual slot with a gba flashcart that easy, you are better off with a DS flashcart and use cheats in the DS
OP if you really want dual slot you are better just purchasing the games.. i do believe the clones\fakes do work with dual slot mode but not palpark
Apparently there is a patch that will make at least some of the DS games work with the NOR in EZ4 called Pokepatch. So that might be worth looking into as well. Still no RTC though.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Apparently there is a patch that will make at least some of the DS games work with the NOR in EZ4 called Pokepatch.
i found that as well, but the link is dead, didn't gave the hassle of trying to find a download..
but i guess OP can simply use cheats to enable that without the need of a slot 2 cart at all, i mean, surely there are cheats for that, and since he is not interested in palpark...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse