Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
okay so from my b-day, i got some giftcards worth $85 in total at GameStop/EBGames .
i am still thinkin' which to get:
- CoD4 [i want LEGIT]
- CoD5 [Nazi Zombies XBOX]
- Black Ops [maybe 360 or PC]

then there a few other games i want to get:
- Fable II and III [damn i wish i was there when the leak happened for Fable II]
- PS3 [for dem exclusive games]

mainly this is suppose to be which game to get, but still am not sure as to which game to get ?

Skariz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely check out the Fable series. Naruto : Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 recently came out and its also a big improve over the other games.

x3Advent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I was also wondering whether I should get Reach or Black ops...
Reach looks like a pretty good game so I would recommend that.
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Reach and Black ops?

x3Advent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually thought it looked pretty different from Mw2, especially in the trailers I've seen the gun noises all sound the same or similar to each other

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
x3Advent said:
Hmm, I was also wondering whether I should get Reach or Black ops...
Reach looks like a pretty good game so I would recommend that.
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Reach and Black ops?

Reach:
Pros:
-Lots to do (campaign, Forge, firefight, general multiplayer, and firefight and normal multiplayer modes have TONS of gametypes between them, with insane amounts of freedom to customize stuff)
-Lots of players
-Fairly skill based, due to actually needing to aim at your target properly with different weapons, and needing to find the "sweet spot" for how to fire guns like the DMR.
-Campaign is fun and lasts a decent amount of time.
-Lots of character customization, and long-term expensive items to try and buy

Cons:
-Ranking system is crap compared to Halo 3.
-Need to deal with a lot of CoD fanboys who feel the need to tell you how much they hate Halo, while they simultaneously hump their CoD disk of choice.
-No true-skill system in place anymore, you get matched by rank and preferences only.

Black-Ops:
Pros:
-Lots of players
-Casual shooter, so it's easy to be good at.

Cons:
-Twitch-based no-skill shooting mechanics.
-Guns will probably still shoot ridiculously straight. Enjoy getting sniped by P90's (MW1, WaW and MW2 all had them...doubt it'll change, also note...Halo also has very straight shooting guns, but lets remember it's the future...and you don't die in 3 bullets.
-Online modes will probably fuck with your XBL parties ability to communicate if they aren't in-game with you (like MW2).
-Essentially the same old CoD. Only real differences noted so far are a rip-off of Counterstrikes "Gun Game". (which will undoubtedly stay funner on CSS)
-Will inherit the worst online community in history. Even worse then Halo or Saints Row. Saints Row being full of white trash pretending to be black gangsters)

Get Fable 1, it's currently still the best in the series. Fable 3 is alright, but they casualized it SO much that it's just boring overall. Still miles better then Fable 2 though. It's a good rental, to say the least. I can't see myself needing to play it more then a week.
Fable 2 isn't worth bothering with unless you get it for $10 or less.

Getting a PS3 is a pretty good idea too. I'd say ignore CoD, and save for a PS3 and a few games for it.

If for some lame ass reason you actually adamantly want to get a CoD game, get black ops. They're all ridiculously high priced still, so Black ops wont be much higher, and it'll be essentially the exact same game as CoD4/WaW/MW2, just it'll inherit a majority of the online community. (more people to play with)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs