Which game should I get?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by R2DJ, Mar 4, 2010.

Mar 4, 2010

Which game should I get? by R2DJ at 9:38 PM (913 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Alright. I'm trading in 2 games tomorrow and I just asked the store and they told me I would get £40 for trading in those games. Awesome! Now I can't decide which games to get? I could settle with a brand new game for the full price or do the "2 for £30" or something similar, or might as well go for the oldies and grab very cheap, playable games. Here's the criteria:
    • Has to be a Wii or 360 game
    • No FPS please, I suck at those games.
    • Game/s has to have online multiplayer capabilities.
    • Games that are not "novelty" - game can still be fun after finishing the whole game.
    • Anything other than Guitar Hero, as those are the two games that I'll be selling, and I've settled that Rock Band is enough for me (I'm ditching GH completely)
    Thanks in advance.

2. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus. Only problem - You will have to pay a separate online... For the game itself. You have XBOX Live, but the game requires you to pay $15 each month...

Other games I can think of...
    - Tales of Vesperia [it's a good game. really it is. there is no online, but it is enjoyable]
    - Final Fantasy XIII [no online either. it is going to be released soon and I pre-ordered it]

Urr... That's all I can think of. My preferred games are RPG and FPS and most if not all RPG games are offline.

3. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    FF 13 is actually at the top of my list, but the ones below them are Mario Kart Wii and Pokemon HeartGold (yes I wanna buy it)

Regarding MKWii - Last time I played it was 2008 and I liked the online. There were cheaters but they were actually rare and I would get at least 10 players 90% of the time. Is it still the same or is it now plagued with cheaters and hackers?

4. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It is plagued with cheaters and It's unplayable these days because of it, imo.

5. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    dunno if you like race games, but i'd recommend forza 3, it's an awesome game.

6. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Get Halo 3. It's a FPS, but a epic one. I was horrible at it at first, then I slowly got better, and finally killed someone. [​IMG]

7. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    So not true in my opinion.
    I've played it for an hour online today, and have been doing that for the past month or so, every week I play it around 3 hours online.
    I have only come across a few cheaters in online play, like 2% of all the opponents I've raced against.
    Only bad point for me is that there is some lag, but it's very minimal, you only get it with items like a shield that lags a bit.

In time trials, there is a lot more cheating though, practically all the record time trials from a continent are cheaters.

8. pokesteven

Newcomer pokesteven Advanced Member

United States
    Heeheheh... I downloaded the Phantasy Star demo to check it out once, I went online and EVERYONE was just spamming to show nudes for the ingame currency. Also, an extra $15 to play it online? Dont settle for that. If I were you I would probably just go with HS since you will play it longer than mariokart. but yeah, personally I dont like Phantasy Star.