Which game did you pira... err file-shared that you ended up buying aftwerwards?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh wow... So many...

Warcraft 2 and 3. (Never bought the first one since I was just a little kiddy back then)
Sins of a Solar Empire
Starcraft
Diablo 2
Half-Life
Borderlands 1 and 2
Multiple Nintendo titles
Multiple other systems

I do the same with movies. Because a lot of films aren't worth to own. But some are just instant buy once they reach my part of the world.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many, the last that comes to mind is Project Mirai DX.
First I "shared" Project Mirai 2, it was only in Japanese.
Then I got DX, USA version.
And finally I was able to get my hands into an actual European game card.
Sure I've played that game over 300 hours.

Other games that I also bought after "testing":
  • Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (how couldn't I)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (it was a PITA to find a copy back on the day, but then they released it on the eShop)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening. Actually I bought it twice, first I bought it digitally, but I gave my USA 3DS as a gift to a friend, that game included. Then I got a CIA for it and played it on my EUR 3DS XL, and then I just bought the European game card.
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Bravely Default
  • Fire Emblem If/Fates (I wanted to play it ASAP fantranslated, bought it when it was released in EUR, limited edition at that)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (same as Fates above, limited edition also)
  • Many other games, but I should stop and work already.
Aria of sorrow is one of my favorite games. I'm currently playing Dawn of sorrow on my DSI xl.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Fallout New Vegas, because the game runs so trashy on PCs I had to make sure it wouldn't cry and fall apart on a modern gaming rig.

Hat in Time, Ori and the Blind Forest, Va11-Halla, Shovel Knight, Minecraft, Niddhog, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells. All fantastic indie games I didn't know if I'd like or not, but ended up loving. Hat in Time and Minecraft especially. Gotta support those lovely indie devs for creating some of the best games in recent history.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Every single game I pirated I ended up buying them sooner or later, even games I finished to a pulp ended up buying them later.
Good games deserve good money.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aria of sorrow is one of my favorite games. I'm currently playing Dawn of sorrow on my DSI xl.
I like the tone and art direction on Aria of Sorrow more, but the gameplay and music is top notch in both of them. Probably the music is better in Dawn of sorrow, but that is a matter of hardware.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Fallout New Vegas, because the game runs so trashy on PCs I had to make sure it wouldn't cry and fall apart on a modern gaming rig.

Hat in Time, Ori and the Blind Forest, Va11-Halla, Shovel Knight, Minecraft, Niddhog, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells. All fantastic indie games I didn't know if I'd like or not, but ended up loving. Hat in Time and Minecraft especially. Gotta support those lovely indie devs for creating some of the best games in recent history.
A Hat in Time is a game I will buy eventually. I haven't pirated it but it really got the perfect platformer itch for me.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes exactly. Very important for indies that make the great games that don't have all of the Big Publishers micro transactions crap. Try out Inside from Playdead if you haven't already.

Reactions: Chary

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Awesome I like getting new gems I've never heard of. I added A Hat in Time to my wishlist.
The Dev is kind of a dick, but the game seems to be supreme. Also if you want a time sinker, try out Stardew Valley (Pirated it, got it legit in a Humle Bundle)

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For me was Dragon Age Origins. I liked the game so much I ended up buying the ultimate edition after completing it with elf mage. Then finished it 2 more times with Human Paladin and Dwarf.
Also Inside. I played it for like 1 hour and then I just had to purchase to support Playdead for such an amazing game.
None

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter