Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Why not mention the dsonei/mini?
it has the same features as the dstwo minus the "special homebrew",
but is only $25.00
A public poll was held to determine which flash carts to include. Any that aren't listed here got less votes than all of these.

war2thegrave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that doesn't seem too helpful.
It's a good card that bridges the gap between the price of the acekard
and the features of the scds2.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
that doesn't seem too helpful.
It's a good card that bridges the gap between the price of the acekard
and the features of the scds2.
So do the EZ-Flash VI and iSmart series... and they got more votes, so they're here.

Including every flash cart that exists would be a chore and might convince people to buy something that's not good, so a poll was held and was open for a while. The highest-voted items are here. Notice also there's no M3, N5, EDGE, DSTT...

Reactions: 1 person

dman2073

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy a flashcart and want to know which is better, supercard dstwo or ismart mm? Those are the options i narrowed it down to, unless there is something with more/better features.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy a flashcart and want to know which is better, supercard dstwo or ismart mm? Those are the options i narrowed it down to, unless there is something with more/better features.
The DSTwo is often considered more polished. While the iSmart can boast about some better software due to ports, stuff that seems appealing (like the PSX emulator) isn't actually game-playable.

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a DSi XL with an Acekard 2i, and now I'm going to buy a DS Lite to transfer pokémon between games/DS's, use pal park, etc...
So now I need to buy another flashcart for this DS Lite.

Should I buy another Acekard 2i or some R4i SDHC,Gold...?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSi XL with an Acekard 2i, and now I'm going to buy a DS Lite to transfer pokémon between games/DS's, use poképark, etc...
So now I need to buy another flashcart for this DS Lite.

Should I buy another Acekard 2i or some R4i SDHC,Gold...?
You're better off getting a decent flashcart than a crappy r4i clone cart. The best one (if you're only going to use it on your ds lite) would be the r4 original, since it's the cheapest and is officially supported by wood r4. Otherwise, an ak2i or r4i gold (from r4ids.cn) suffices.

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You're better off getting a decent flashcart than a crappy r4i clone cart. The best one (if you're only going to use it on your ds lite) would be the r4 original, since it's the cheapest and is officially supported by wood r4. Otherwise, an ak2i or r4i gold (from r4ids.cn) suffices.
What do you think it's best, Acekard 2i or R4i Gold (r4ids.cn)?
I prefer a DSi flashcart because I may want to use in my DSi XL.

According to r4ids.cn site they are offering a 4GB microSD card for each R4i Gold bought.
How am I supposed to get it?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What do you think it's best, Acekard 2i or R4i Gold (r4ids.cn)?
I prefer a DSi flashcart because I may want to use in my DSi XL.

According to r4ids.cn site they are offering a 4GB microSD card for each R4i Gold bought.
How am I supposed to get it?
I usually recommend the r4i gold 3ds (r4ids.cn) over the ak2i, since ak2i's are well-known for hardware problems like contact issues and crappy springs for the micro sd card. I have an ak2i that are affected by neither of those, so I've never experienced them, though.

Also, I didn't notice it, but seems like they are releasing a Christmas bundle with the r4i gold 3ds + 4gb msd + a dsi screen protector, just like you said. If you want the Christmas bundle, just make sure you buy the r4i gold 3ds that looks like this (I took the image from the official website for legitimacy):

Christmas_r4.jpg

I believe the extra items (4gb + screen protector) will come inside the box, along with the flashcart itself.

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Only a few shops have the new Christmas box picture in their website.
One of those shops is LighTake: http://lightake.com/...il.do/sku.36776

I sent them an email asking if R4i Gold (sku.36776) included a 4GB microSD card + DSi screen protector.
Their answer was no! I had to purchase them separately...

After this, I sent an email to R4i DS team (r4ids.cn) explaining the situation.
Their answer was this:
"Sorry about that we only provide those gifts to our resellers....you have to contact your reseller with your question..."

Anyway, I then noticed another shop that does also have the new Christmas box picture in their website.
That's Dwtechz: http://www.dwtechz.c...ds-p-16963.html
I was reading the page when I noticed this:

"During the Coming Christmas Season,customers who bought the R4i gold 3DS (sure,or included R4i gold 3DS + 2G/4G/8G/16G Micro SD card),you'll have a chance to get Practical Gifts free:
If your order value over US$75, you can get a Micro 4GB SD Card
If your order value over US$50, you can get an original R4 DS Card
If your order value over US$30, you can get a High-Quality 3DS/DSi Screen Protector
(Time limited from Nov.18th to Dec.31th)"
WHAT??
Apparently they are reselling the Christmas Gifts! That's not fair...
Other shops should be doing just the same thing...

Anyway, I bought my R4i Gold from here: http://www.eachgame.hk/goods-8546.html
I won't send them an email asking if Christmas Gifts are included.
I'll just hope they are.

Zulithe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a CycloDS Evolution (not iEvolution) for my DSL and like it a lot. But now I have a 3DS and want something that I know will work for DS (and maybe DSi?) games and will hopefully be supported by firmware updates. Mostly so I don't have to carry both systems around.

Since my cyclo can not play GBA games I am leaning towards DSTWO so I have that extra functionality. GBA is important to me (I mostly just want to play Mother 3 and a few other RPGS :P), but more important is knowing it is supported and will get firmware updates to help it work on newer 3DS firmwares (when and if possible, less they lock them out completely somehow)

Would I be making the best choice going with the DSTWO? Are there any other good options I should be looking at?

Are there any whispers of new carts coming out in the near future, should I just wait a little bit and see?

As a small addendum here, i would gladly buy all the GBA games over the eStore if nintendo offered them. I don't see why they don't just roll out their entire backlog, or at least attempt to release more than 2 or 3 games a week.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a CycloDS Evolution (not iEvolution) for my DSL and like it a lot. But now I have a 3DS and want something that I know will work for DS (and maybe DSi?) games and will hopefully be supported by firmware updates. Mostly so I don't have to carry both systems around.

Since my cyclo can not play GBA games I am leaning towards DSTWO so I have that extra functionality. GBA is important to me (I mostly just want to play Mother 3 and a few other RPGS :P), but more important is knowing it is supported and will get firmware updates to help it work on newer 3DS firmwares (when and if possible, less they lock them out completely somehow)

Would I be making the best choice going with the DSTWO? Are there any other good options I should be looking at?

Are there any whispers of new carts coming out in the near future, should I just wait a little bit and see?

As a small addendum here, i would gladly buy all the GBA games over the eStore if nintendo offered them. I don't see why they don't just roll out their entire backlog, or at least attempt to release more than 2 or 3 games a week.
No, I doubt any new cart would come out in the near future... If a DS3 is made they would probably make it 3DS game compatiable... I'd just buy a DSTWO as they are updated frequently, and you never have to wait more than 48 hrs for a firmware patch.

Zulithe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bought a DSTWO Sunday on realhotstuff. it shipped monday. I also ordered my old Cyclo from their site. Would recommend. :) Looking forward to putting this in my 3DS!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay