Hacking Which Flash Card is best......

abroom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
HI
All Great forum helped me with my kids dslites and dsi and also wii.
Question i wanna ask

got my 2 x ds lites working on dstt
got my 2 x dsi working on acekard 2i and dstti

they both work fine the acekard freezes a bit but nothing drastic.

Are these the best cards or shall i go for a diiferant 1 for my friend..
Any help would be apreciated..
Thanks

Cavedude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i and CycloDS have always been my favorite. If you want to try something new for your friend try out the Cyclo. I personally use that mostly.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Itouchds has great compatability easy to use and you can even setup your favorite games and hombrew into a separate menu AND best of all its cheap

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest M3Real for DS and DSLite and M3i Zero for DSi....Both have great compatibility and a bunch of extra features such as Real Time Save and Real Time Guide, which allow you to save at any point in the game and read text walkthroughs while playing the game respectively. I've owned an M3Real for over a year now and have had not one problem with it....the team always puts out firmware updates to keep the newest game compatible. Not a lot of teams release firmware that often! And if you're looking to play GBA games on the DSLites as well you can get the M3Real Perfect Bundle with an included GBA Expansion pack that will run the games directly from the firmware without any need for 3rd party programs such as gbaexploader.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
RchUncleSkeleton,
i would recommend others to get m3, if the game & cheat compatibility is better. However, i have to agree that m3 team is doing a great job in terms of updating their firmware!

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do not get a R4. I have an Acekard 2i, it's good. I don't know when Supercard DSTwo is coming out, but this one look really good. It will have extra hardware like the iPlayer and built-in snes and gba emulators.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I too am interested in buying a new flash cart. I've had the M3 Simply since back in the day... but now with the new copy protections, it's starting to have too many games I can't play (without patching or custom firmwares, etc) and M3 has stopped firmware updates for this model. I've looked at the EZ Flash Vi (I used to have an EZ Flash back in the GBA days) and/or the AceKard 2 for a good price (under $20 USD w/ shipping, from DX)... or I could go big with the CycloDS-Evolution for just under $50. Is it worth the extra, or should I be fine with the first two options? All opinions appreciated.

Thanks.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Going for the Cyclo for a little bit extra would be a good choice; they've done several updates recently and updates usually bring interesting features; most recently the stealth mode, which provides almost day-zero support for most of the recent games with anti-piracy measures.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
ProtoKun7 said:
Going for the Cyclo for a little bit extra would be a good choice; they've done several updates recently and updates usually bring interesting features; most recently the stealth mode, which provides almost day-zero support for most of the recent games with anti-piracy measures.

I couldn't put it better myself, just to add that the Cyclo will not work with the DSi, so as long as you have no plans to upgrade to a DSi, then yes the Cyclo is an excellent cart

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'll probably end up paying the 'premium' and get the CycloDS Evolution. I just found 2 personal friends (well, one being my step-brother) who uses this device too. Just got to wait a little bit to clear some space on the credit card... got a bit close to my max with my upcoming trip to Montreal for F1 in June (pricey event... but something I've dreamed of seeing for long time)... it'll be paid down and bought before that trip to Montreal, which is what I really want it for so I have some extra in-flight entertainment.

Thanks for the replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already