Hacking Which Emunand is best? Atmospheres oder SXOS?

naitsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Folks,
after some problems with my switch recently i decided to set it up new and fully migrate to atmosphere. I definetly want to use an EMUNAND to stay unprotected and in case something gets messed up. Now im dealing with the decision to either create my new EMUNAND using Hekate or SXOS. I will use atmosphere, but how should i create EMUNAND? Are there any differences? Maybe in detectability? Or compatibility? Is one of the two EMUNANDs better? And which option is considered better: SD EMUNAND or hidden partition EMUNAND?

Would be nice to hear your thoughts on it :)

kerelenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whichever you use it would be the same. If you plan to use just atmosphere, just use hekate file-based emummc. It would make it easier for you to change sd cards in the future.

aruto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I use hekate emunand creation for both SXOS and Atmosphere. It doesn't really matter if you made an emunand from SXOS or hekate but make sure you have it set up as file based and not partition based to make it much easier to back up your emunand. And also, Hekate is much, much faster for creating emunand. You can make an emunand in roughly 20 mins. As for SXOS, it takes an hour or so to make one based on my experience. You'll be better off using hekate for emunand creation.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Folks,
after some problems with my switch recently i decided to set it up new and fully migrate to atmosphere. I definetly want to use an EMUNAND to stay unprotected and in case something gets messed up. Now im dealing with the decision to either create my new EMUNAND using Hekate or SXOS. I will use atmosphere, but how should i create EMUNAND? Are there any differences? Maybe in detectability? Or compatibility? Is one of the two EMUNANDs better? And which option is considered better: SD EMUNAND or hidden partition EMUNAND?

Would be nice to hear your thoughts on it :)
I don't believe there is much difference in how they make the emuMMC. I personally used SX OS just to partition the SD card and make emuMMC because this was before Hekate had the option to do so yet it has been working just fine with Atmosphere. So I believe it is down to personal preference on which tool you use to set it up. As for which type of emMMC is better, that would definitely go to partition based as it is less prone to corruption and is theoretically harder for Nintendo to detect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1