Homebrew Which ds/DSi carts work on luma 8.0?

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tested on a red o3ds
Working:
r4i Gold 3ds
Blue Gateway
acekard 2i
m3i zero (spongebob update)

Not Working:
M3 Ds Real The icon shows up sometimes, but when you load it you get (an error has occurred press and hold power button to turn the system off)
iPlayer ds video expert Stuck on white screen.

edit:
m3 ds real works with apache thunder's app!

The m3i zero, is that the one that works with the last fw update on the dsi(1.43 I believe)?
I need to find my DSi before I try it.

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The m3i zero, is that the one that works with the last fw update on the dsi(1.43 I believe)?
I need to find my DSi before I try it.

1.4.5 is the latest and last dsi update

There are two different versions of the m3i zero. The gmp-z003 (newer one that can work on 1.4.5) and the older version (that doesn't work on latest 1.4.5).

I don't know what version I have, but I think it's the older one. (or if it's the newer one it's not been flashed to the latest fw update... as it doesn't work on a 1.4.5 dsi)

No need to find your dsi to try the m3i zero in the 3ds. Just put it in and it either works or it doesn't; it won't break anything.

I am also using a version m3 wood and not sakura or touchpod, just a an fyi, not sure if what OS on the sd card you use makes a difference.

Last edited by SonicMC,

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1.4.5 is the latest and last dsi update

There are two different versions of the m3i zero. The gmp-z003 (newer one that can work on 1.4.5) and the older version (that doesn't work on latest 1.4.5).

I don't know what version I have, but I think it's the older one. (or if it's the newer one it's not been flashed to the latest fw update... as it doesn't work on a 1.4.5 dsi)

No need to find your dsi to try the m3i zero in the 3ds. Just put it in and it either works or it doesn't; it won't break anything.

I am also using a version m3 wood and not sakura or touchpod, just a an fyi, not sure if what OS on the sd card you use makes a difference.

No I mean I need to find my dsi as the cart is in it.
I'm not sure what update I have on the cart, I remember checking for the update to find it was only available for the newer version of the cart.

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I mean I need to find my dsi as the cart is in it.
I'm not sure what update I have on the cart, I remember checking for the update to find it was only available for the newer version of the cart.

In that case you definitely need to find the dsi :)

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that my R4i Gold SDHC... doesn't work. My acekard2i does though, and I have temporarily misplaced my R4i-SDHC so can't test that.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
R4i3D works with latest Luma. It can run DS and DSi games well. It's bootable from the icon.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless my AK2i is still somewhat borked from helping test @d0k3 's ntrcardhax injection in D9WIP it took a few tries and i had to use TWLoader to launch the last AK2i FW Update flasher Now it's working (for teh moment atleast) will try my R4i 3DS Gold cart when i find it.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
unless my AK2i is still somewhat borked from helping test @d0k3 's ntrcardhax injection in D9WIP it took a few tries and i had to use TWLoader to launch the last AK2i FW Update flasher Now it's working (for teh moment atleast) will try my R4i 3DS Gold cart when i find it.
Wait you can flash the NTRBootHax thing with D9WIP??

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but i can bet the upcomming hax will be compatable w/ AK2i as its a reprogrammable card. (not just FW updatable) and it was in a Special build of D9WIP that i used.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and found the R4i Gold 3DS card, Works flawlessly (it clicks in easier on my O3DS but struggles to get in on my N3DS but yea boots just fine. (then again this card was able to work w/o an issue from the start. )

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i Gold Pro RTS (r4i-sdhc.com) has worked for me on all firmwares up to 11.0 from stock (no Luma). I can't say about after that as I installed Luma at 11.0.

And yes, it still works now with no TWL

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well i updated the cyclods evo to the latest fw(2.30) but it's still not working.

tried the r4i revolution upgrade(r4i-sdhc.com) with the last fw on their website(1.12d) but getting the error "wrong date or firmware expired" error, changing the date to date to 6/25/13(when it was last updated) allows it to run. I tried running a game but it froze, didn't try more than 1.
using 1.84b gives an error something about updating the hardware to use the firmware, think that is for the r4(non i), the 1.4x and 3ds comaptible ones.

need to dig out the m3i zero to see if that works, not sure which update it was at.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i updated the cyclods evo to the latest fw(2.30) but it's still not working.

tried the r4i revolution upgrade(r4i-sdhc.com) with the last fw on their website(1.12d) but getting the error "wrong date or firmware expired" error, changing the date to date to 6/25/13(when it was last updated) allows it to run. I tried running a game but it froze, didn't try more than 1.
using 1.84b gives an error something about updating the hardware to use the firmware, think that is for the r4(non i), the 1.4x and 3ds comaptible ones.

need to dig out the m3i zero to see if that works, not sure which update it was at.
those R4 Clones except for the few of em have been known for putting timebombs in thier FWto force people to get the Latest Ones"

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
those R4 Clones except for the few of em have been known for putting timebombs in thier FWto force people to get the Latest Ones"

Guess I can chuck it unless I keep changing the date every time I use it, or if someone knows a fw that works. Was hoping to give it to my niece/nephew as it was relatively cheap, need to check what fw my niece's n3ds is on then hack it for her.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I can chuck it unless I keep changing the date every time I use it, or if someone knows a fw that works. Was hoping to give it to my niece/nephew as it was relatively cheap, need to check what fw my niece's n3ds is on then hack it for her.
if you want one that works under Luma reliable ones are the R4i 3DS Gold, and AK2i, DSTwo, DSTwo+ the first tow are ones i have experince w/ the other two i hear nothing but good things from others except battery life is worse. you can get the AK2i pretty damn cheap as well as the R4i Gold 3DS they both run about 18$ USD.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But they don't change anything in the new cards, so you can just download the new firmware with full compatibility on outdated cards (within reason, obviously). I'm running the 2015 model on the 2017 firmware.

Cygen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A normal DSTT (without the i at the end) can be added to the list of not Luma compatible. I still have to use the (old/first) DSTT launcher from Apache Thunder. (havent tried the TWL loader cause: "why change it when I only use it for 1 flashcard?")

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A normal DSTT (without the i at the end) can be added to the list of not Luma compatible. I still have to use the (old/first) DSTT launcher from Apache Thunder. (havent tried the TWL loader cause: "why change it when I only use it for 1 flashcard?")
i think its safe to say any card that was never compatable w/ the 3DS in the first place, their status will not change w/ Luma 8.0's changes. and they will still need the Launcher/TWL Loader

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if you want one that works under Luma reliable ones are the R4i 3DS Gold, and AK2i, DSTwo, DSTwo+ the first tow are ones i have experince w/ the other two i hear nothing but good things from others except battery life is worse. you can get the AK2i pretty damn cheap as well as the R4i Gold 3DS they both run about 18$ USD.

While it would be nice to have one that runs "natively"(I.e without having to run any extra launchers) I'm not wanting to spend extra money, as I mentioned I was hoping to give the r4i to my niece as it was the cheapest of the three carts I have.

According to SonicMC the m3i zero works so I need to find mine so I can test it.

Only reason I bought the r4i was as a stop gap till the DSi compatible Cyclods was released, but as it was not forthcoming I ended up getting the m3i zero.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock