Which cart should I get for the XL?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Triforce141, Feb 14, 2013.

Feb 14, 2013
  1. Triforce141
    OP

Newcomer Triforce141 Advanced Member

United States
    I'm upgrading to the XL and wonder on which flash cart I should get. The R4i or DSTwo.

I've read some issues where the Supercard might overheat or drain battery faster while in the 3DS, can anyone confirm that?
    Since that's my only worry, putting in the cart while using streetpass and the battery drains faster.

On the other hand, if the 3DS gets an update that perma-blocks the R4i and I have to get a new one..... no comment

Just either R4 or DS2?

2. Eckaen

Newcomer Eckaen Newbie

Canada
    Yes, the battery does drain while its in the 3DS, but you can just take it out when not in use. Never had a overheating problem with mine. Definitely get the Supercard DSTWO, much better flashcart imo. A tad bit more expensive though. Besides like you said, if the R4i gets patched, you'll have to get a new one, so its better to just get the DSTWO, the Supercard team is pretty quick on updating the cart to work on the latest firmwares.

chavosaur likes this.
  3. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    Plus DSTWO has GBA emulation. So... DSTWO ^.^

4. 2ndApex

Member 2ndApex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    DSTWO for ridiculously fast 3DS updates, perfect game compatibility, save states, in game guides, real time cheats, decent GBA emulation, recently made decent SNES emulation, and BAGPLUG which is probably the only flashcart UI on the level of Wood R4.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States