Hacking Which cart should I get for the XL?

Triforce141

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm upgrading to the XL and wonder on which flash cart I should get. The R4i or DSTwo.

I've read some issues where the Supercard might overheat or drain battery faster while in the 3DS, can anyone confirm that?
Since that's my only worry, putting in the cart while using streetpass and the battery drains faster.

On the other hand, if the 3DS gets an update that perma-blocks the R4i and I have to get a new one..... no comment

Just either R4 or DS2?

Eckaen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, the battery does drain while its in the 3DS, but you can just take it out when not in use. Never had a overheating problem with mine. Definitely get the Supercard DSTWO, much better flashcart imo. A tad bit more expensive though. Besides like you said, if the R4i gets patched, you'll have to get a new one, so its better to just get the DSTWO, the Supercard team is pretty quick on updating the cart to work on the latest firmwares.

Reactions: chavosaur

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTWO for ridiculously fast 3DS updates, perfect game compatibility, save states, in game guides, real time cheats, decent GBA emulation, recently made decent SNES emulation, and BAGPLUG which is probably the only flashcart UI on the level of Wood R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: