Hacking Which card has better support?

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Currently I have a G6 Lite, and I am seriously thinking of getting a Slot 1 solution. The main problem with the G6 Lite, is that the company behind them is not updating the firmware as quickly or as much as they should. I could tell it is only a matter of time.

So I have narrowed down my selection between the Supercard DS One and the CycloDS. I have a PSP and a DS. So I only use my DS for games, as I use my PSP for movies and emulators. But I like the additional capabilities, as money is not really the issue, especially when these cards are as cheap as they are. I just have two questions I need to have answered before going forward with the purchase:

1- Which company provides better support for their cards? The company behind Supercard DS One or the company behind CycloDS.
2- Is there any real difference between the Supercard DS One and the CycloDS in terms of playing GBA and NDS games? From what I see CycloDS has done the updates that make it equal to the Supercard DS One.

Anything you guys would like to add would be appreciated. Maybe something I didn't think of when taking these cards into mind. Thanks in advance.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i can only answer one of your questions ...

no real differences only like one or two different features ( well that i know of . )

Cyclo has :
1. Slow - Mo ( yay we will move so slow xD )

SuperCard has :
1. Multi Boot OS ( zomg i have the TTDS, YSMenu and SuperCard !? )
2. Built-In-MoonShell ( not really a feature but at least you won't have to download mon sheel by it self ? )

those are the only main features that i know of so yea

Hope it Helps !

- Holt

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyclo's team is definitely better, as they're more supportive and responsive to their customers' demands.

Supercard has one feature that Cyclo doesn't have, which is an In-Game Cheat menu. In theory, this would be a very nice addition but from what I heard it's very buggy and hard to use, and the team doesn't really update it.

crappi3pappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Cyclo's team is definitely better, as they're more supportive and responsive to their customers' demands.

Supercard has one feature that Cyclo doesn't have, which is an In-Game Cheat menu. In theory, this would be a very nice addition but from what I heard it's very buggy and hard to use, and the team doesn't really update it.

Supercard has slow-mo too. Also the realtime cheat engine is not buggy and has always worked very well right from when it was introduced a long time a go, the problem is and always has been is it's interface, to make it useable you have to create your own .scc files with short labels which is not hard just a bit manual.

GX255

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CycloDS and SuperCard DS One IMO are the best out there right now. I decided to stick with the SCDS1 because of price.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You know what? If you can afford it, go with the CycloDS.

I was quite disappointed with the latest firmware of the SCDS1 SDHC. Just multi-skins, a few game fixes, and other things that aren't even close to important. They just don't seem to be fixing what's important, the GUI. The Gui is kind of slow (It's not too bad. But quite a few people find it rather sluggish. IMO, it's not bad as most of them claim.), and the ugly green text is ugly. The cheat menu is also ugly, but the bad thing is, the name of the cheats get cut off, so you can't even know what some of the cheats are. The Supercard team doesn't seem to really fix GUIs. Afterall, it's been over a while year since the original SCDS1 came out, and no fixes for any GUI fixes.

The Supercard team DOES have a reputation, for being in the Flashkart business since the DS began, and supporting their old Slot-2 cards, to this day. The don't seem to stop support their own products, which is a great thing. It's just that their updates take time, and usually doesn't have what's really important. Most of the time, it's just bug fixes, and some minor things some may or may not like. So, it may take AWHILE for them to fix some of the REAL problems of the SCDS1.

Yes, the SCDS1 DOES have a slow-mo, but it's part of a cheat file you have to download separately.

CycloDS- advantages over the SCDS1
- Much faster GUI
- Much more frequent updates
- A support team that answers your questions directly on their forums (SCDS1 has a forum too, but the team doesn't reply very often)
- Native English speaking support team
- No BS with GUI. The cheats don't get cut off, and etc.

SCDS1-
- Can play music without turning on Moonshell
- Multi-save
- In-game text reader (Cyclo is getting this. It's already in the BETA stage)
- In-game Cheat menu.

So, if you want something with a faster GUI, more frequent updates, and a support team that answers your question frequently, get the CycloDS.

If you want something with a very low price tag, that plays music and videos without launching moonshell, with few more features then the Cyclo, but don't mind the slower GUI, get the SCDS1.

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everyone says the cyclo gets more updates, but that's because it still has bugs and has to catch up on the features of the supercard. they just recently added the ingame text reader and now both carts are about on the same level. will team cyclops release another significant feature beyond this in the future? who knows.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:
You know what? If you can afford it, go with the CycloDS.

I was quite disappointed with the latest firmware of the SCDS1 SDHC. Just multi-skins, a few game fixes, and other things that aren't even close to important. They just don't seem to be fixing what's important, the GUI. The Gui is kind of slow (It's not too bad. But quite a few people find it rather sluggish. IMO, it's not bad as most of them claim.), and the ugly green text is ugly. The cheat menu is also ugly, but the bad thing is, the name of the cheats get cut off, so you can't even know what some of the cheats are. The Supercard team doesn't seem to really fix GUIs. Afterall, it's been over a while year since the original SCDS1 came out, and no fixes for any GUI fixes.

The Supercard team DOES have a reputation, for being in the Flashkart business since the DS began, and supporting their old Slot-2 cards, to this day. The don't seem to stop support their own products, which is a great thing. It's just that their updates take time, and usually doesn't have what's really important. Most of the time, it's just bug fixes, and some minor things some may or may not like. So, it may take AWHILE for them to fix some of the REAL problems of the SCDS1.

Yes, the SCDS1 DOES have a slow-mo, but it's part of a cheat file you have to download separately.

CycloDS- advantages over the SCDS1
- Much faster GUI
- Much more frequent updates
- A support team that answers your questions directly on their forums (SCDS1 has a forum too, but the team doesn't reply very often)
- Native English speaking support team
- No BS with GUI. The cheats don't get cut off, and etc.

SCDS1-
- Can play music without turning on Moonshell
- Multi-save
- In-game text reader (Cyclo is getting this. It's already in the BETA stage)
- In-game Cheat menu.

So, if you want something with a faster GUI, more frequent updates, and a support team that answers your question frequently, get the CycloDS.

If you want something with a very low price tag, that plays music and videos without launching moonshell, with few more features then the Cyclo, but don't mind the slower GUI, get the SCDS1.

don't forget you can view pictures without turning on moonshell too
wink.gif

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The CycloDS works natively with the EZ Flash 3-in-1, meaning you can load GBA games, activate rumble, and run the Opera Browser from within the CycloDS GUI.

No need for GBAExploader AT ALL.

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Enter260 said:
everyone says the cyclo gets more updates, but that's because it still has bugs and has to catch up on the features of the supercard. they just recently added the ingame text reader and now both carts are about on the same level. will team cyclops release another significant feature beyond this in the future? who knows.

Take a look at the changelogs of the Cyclo updates ... they do add FEATURES.
And I would not exactly call it catch up ... they are pretty comperable in featureset.
SCDS1 has RTG, Cyclo RTG is in beta phase.
SCDS1 has realtime cheats.
Cyclo has native 3in1 support (GBA, rumble) and a much faster GUI.
It also has an in-game menu.

regarding support ...
http://forum.supercard.cn/viewthread.php?tid=3333
not much of a reaction there
frown.gif
((

Having said all that I do own a SCDS1 ... and I think it is a good cart.
With those changes from the supercard thread it would be muuuuuuuuuuch more useable.

S

spectral

Kaos said:
The CycloDS works natively with the EZ Flash 3-in-1, meaning you can load GBA games, activate rumble, and run the Opera Browser from within the CycloDS GUI.

No need for GBAExploader AT ALL.

While mostly true, the GBA support is still in beta and has problems with a certain save size(cant remember which off the top of my head) so GBA Exploader is still useful. Alternatively the roms can be patched to a different save type prior to going on the micro SD card. I was in a similar situation recently, trying to decide which new card to get and I opted for the Cyclo. One feature no one has mentioned that works on the cyclo and not on the SCDSone is wii conectivity. Although it may have been added the the SC since, I dont know.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
i think the only people that should answer this is people who either (a) own both cards, or (b) people that don't have either but have done lots of research on both!

Anyway for whats its worth i would go for the SC! REASON... SC team have been here the longest and have the most experience plus have several flash carts on the market which all get support...

paul

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the thing that sucks about the SuperCard's menu is that the touch screen lags .

it sometimes doesn't even respond ! i even used the touch screen with other games and nothing bad happens . the menu is one thing they gotta fix !

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I say go with the CylcoDS to replace my aging R4. I'm getting my in a couple of days from Real Hot Stuff. My acekard2 died within a week (rhs refunded my money). I have 1st and 2nd version of the SCDS1 not the SDHC version. I hate it for having to tell what speed your sd card was and still had problems with it. There both collecting dust. Thats my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: