Hacking Which card for Nintendo DSi

bennyboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone !

I am totally new to the forum and even newer about the world of Nintendo DS so please forgive the "newbie" vocabulary and questions !

I am planning to purchase one for my son and I also want to purchase a card (not even sure what they are actually called ). A card which enables me to save several games onto one memory card.

I have read about the R4, R4i, etc. I would also like to get it as part of a bundle which contains a Flash memory card and an "adapter" or USB card reader.

i have of course Googled and found quite a few cards of packages I could buy but I want to make sure I am getting the right one....

I would very much appreciate a bit of feedback, suggestions, guidance, recommendations, etc. from experts.....

As a side note, I am on a relatively short deadline so I tried to find providers who shipped from Canada (where I am located) - although that is not a main criteria.

Any recommendations or advise is most appreciated !

Regards,

Ben

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say Ackerd 2i, although I'm not a DSi or Ackerd owner.

The "bundles" are usually dependent on where you buy it from. My R4 came with a USB adapter for my MicroSD card and a 1GB MicroSD card, but that was all part of the site's bundle.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you are in Canada, I have ordered from modchipcentral.com before. They are good and reliable - or at least that has been my experience. I agree with the other posts above - the Acekard 2i for the Dsi is a pretty good card and is updated frequently. However, I would not order a combo with the Micro SD card - the resellers usually charge a premium for that. For the microSD card - order from newegg.com - I use Kingston - a 4 or 8 gb one will do.

bennyboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gentlemen (or ladies if it is the case !), you're all legends ! I am most impressed by the promptness and generosity of your replies ! i am not a "forum enthusiast" so i was not expecting such quick replies....

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recommendations ! I have purchased the AceKard 2i.

Regards and happy gaming !
grog.gif

Ben

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters