Which card for Nintendo DSi

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bennyboy, Oct 7, 2009.

1. bennyboy
    OP

bennyboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2009
    Canada
    Hi everyone !

I am totally new to the forum and even newer about the world of Nintendo DS so please forgive the "newbie" vocabulary and questions !

I am planning to purchase one for my son and I also want to purchase a card (not even sure what they are actually called ). A card which enables me to save several games onto one memory card.

I have read about the R4, R4i, etc. I would also like to get it as part of a bundle which contains a Flash memory card and an "adapter" or USB card reader.

i have of course Googled and found quite a few cards of packages I could buy but I want to make sure I am getting the right one....

I would very much appreciate a bit of feedback, suggestions, guidance, recommendations, etc. from experts.....

As a side note, I am on a relatively short deadline so I tried to find providers who shipped from Canada (where I am located) - although that is not a main criteria.

Any recommendations or advise is most appreciated !

Regards,

Ben

2. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I'd say Ackerd 2i, although I'm not a DSi or Ackerd owner.

The "bundles" are usually dependent on where you buy it from. My R4 came with a USB adapter for my MicroSD card and a 1GB MicroSD card, but that was all part of the site's bundle.

3. Xoo00o0o0o

Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

Apr 23, 2009
    United States
    Dallas, TX
  4. Phoenixavg

Phoenixavg Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Benny,

If you are interested in an acekard 2i, take a look here:

http://www.sell.com/246B52

For your Micro SDHC, I reccomend newegg. It's about $10 for a 4 GB.

(MODS, If inappropriate please delete. Thanks!)

5. Pyrate02

Pyrate02 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 24, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    If you are in Canada, I have ordered from modchipcentral.com before. They are good and reliable - or at least that has been my experience. I agree with the other posts above - the Acekard 2i for the Dsi is a pretty good card and is updated frequently. However, I would not order a combo with the Micro SD card - the resellers usually charge a premium for that. For the microSD card - order from newegg.com - I use Kingston - a 4 or 8 gb one will do.

6. iFish

iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Jul 11, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, QC
    gameby game for the ak2i and best buy for the sd card

7. bennyboy
    OP

bennyboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2009
    Canada
    Gentlemen (or ladies if it is the case !), you're all legends ! I am most impressed by the promptness and generosity of your replies ! i am not a "forum enthusiast" so i was not expecting such quick replies....

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recommendations ! I have purchased the AceKard 2i.

Regards and happy gaming ! [​IMG]

Ben

8. iFish

iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Jul 11, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, QC
    from where ben

9. bennyboy
    OP

bennyboy Newbie

Newcomer