Hacking Which AceKard Firmware to go with

googjew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a shiny new acekard 2i for my ds phat (no DSi - yet). Been using an R4 clone with SDHC support.
My question is, what are the (dis)advantages of AKAIO compared to AceKard's official firmware?

graltok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should ask what are teh advantage of AKAIO over official firmware
wink.gif

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
googjew said:
Just got a shiny new acekard 2i for my ds phat (no DSi - yet). Been using an R4 clone with SDHC support.
My question is, what are the (dis)advantages of AKAIO compared to AceKard's official firmware?

We get so many of these, I'm not sure if they're real questions or trolls anymore.

AKAIO is better.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i think people just trust in the "official" firmwares because thats what EVERY flash linker has. it's odd to them that a flash linker has a 3rd party firmware, and it probably scares them because they have no idea who its coded by. thats the whole point for setting up #acekard on the gbatemp irc network. people should stop in and get to know norm and smiths. if they decide to use the official, well thats fine, i just can't agree with that decision. =)

-another world

WarriorMJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well take it from me, I just got a DS for the first time and went straight for AKAIO without trying the official. Its brilliant and I've never had a problem with any game I've played, whereas users of other firmware need to patch up their roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh