Hardware Which 3DS model to get?

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
... but when I was buying my bad boy there was this unspoken abomination aka o2DS.... can't believe some people actually found it comfortable to use
I don't recall trying the o2DS but objectively it should be the most confortable to use, and it's near-univerally reviewed as such.

would be very nice to get one on my hands, but 1. it doesn't have the customizable plates and 2. it's ridiculously priced...
If you want swapable faceplates there's only one model that will suit you: the New 3DS (non-XL).

blakeana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blazeana.neocities.org
XP
Country
Poland
I don't recall trying the o2DS but objectively it should be the most confortable to use, and it's near-univerally reviewed as such.
it's all a government conspiracy, there's no way anyone found that shit comfortable... or maybe i have deformed hands who knows.

If you want swapable faceplates there's only one model that will suit you: the New 3DS (non-XL).
yeah, i know, seems like my questions have been answered and thus i can embark on my hunting adventure

Deleted member 551722

Trophies
XP
I'm gonna go ahead and throw my two cents in and say get the N3DS/N2DS line of systems. You could try looking in your local markets and see if anybody is selling some of their old ones, it might be a hard thing to come by considering the almost "retro" state that it's in, but you might still be able to find one if you look around hard enough, or sink in a butt-ton of money trying to get one off of Ebay

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The New 2DS XL removed alot of self repairs options. AKA the bumpers (They are of lower quality). classic N3DS is very nice and runs fine. The XL are pretty good. but i recommend you buying one soon if you are going to use hacks, the 3DS store is going down in a year, or you need to get a flashcard and use NTRboothax.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Piracy has only had two confirmed ways of getting banned; playing a popular 1st/2nd party game online
to my knowledge, not even that really applies. The sun and moon situation (that banwave) occured since people were playing it, before the game actually came out. So playing "legally" obtained backups installed via cia should be fine.
Don't quote me on that, I'm just really certain it is the case

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
to my knowledge, not even that really applies. The sun and moon situation (that banwave) occured since people were playing it, before the game actually came out. So playing "legally" obtained backups installed via cia should be fine.
Don't quote me on that, I'm just really certain it is the case
There was a Sun/Moon ban wave for those who played online before release, some even reported early legal copies getting banned. There was another banwave that we believe was linked to hacked systems but The Big N never confirmed anything.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-regarding-the-recent-3ds-banwave.471781/

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know from where you are but here in France n3DS family is expensive ( 120 to 150 USD ) while o3DS can be easily found for less than 90 usd

Svinorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would've recommended the O2DS since you stated you're on a budget, I find it comfortable enough for most games.

But since you don't want one, I'd suggest either the New 3DS or the New 3DS XL. I mained the New 3DS XL with a top ips screen for years, but I've found I much prefer the New 3DS model for it's size and the screen doesn't flop like my XL model's does.

I would look into importing a second hand one from Japan personally and homebrewing it if you're comfortable with that since it'll be a lot cheaper than buying one from local markets.

Fabsian10000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, so I'm aiming to get a new 3DS as my old one has been sold without my consent years ago. I would mostly use it to hack and load ROMs/emulators... but now here comes the question...

Which 3DS model is the best to get? Is there any significant difference between o3DS (I owned this tiny, old thing, perhaps one of oldest models) and New3DS? New2DS is also under the consideration, as I really don't care about the 3D gimmick. (o2DS is not considered due to how uncomfortable it is in my hands)

Also, I would like to not go too overboard with the console as I have limited funds (N3DS XL still costs 900+PLN here, years after release which is ridiculous)

In the future I also consider customizing the shell of the console, hence why I might consider N3DS....

So, do you have any suggestions on what model is best to get? Thanks in advance.
I would suggest a New 2ds xl as it is farely cheap, especially used, has a better processor making some emulator run better and of course allows for more games as the normal 3ds'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro