Hacking Where to get Moonshell for Acekard 2?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I already answered this, but might as well answer it again.

1. Download moonshell here: MoonShell 2.0 (from GBAtemp)
2. Put the "MoonShell 2.00 Beta 5.nds" file anywhere in your SD Card
3. Copy the moonshl2 folder into the root of your SD Card (So basically, the section where everything starts at)

That goes for this certain version of Moonshell. Hope it helped you out.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest WORKING version of Moonshell for the Acekard can be found on the AK website in the DL section, right under the firmware.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Someone was eventually going to bring that back up. Bleh ><

I won't be using moonshell much, since I don't really listen to music. I really wanted to use that new moonshell too...

huds_n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Need help..trouble booting up moonshell2 beta 5. I think I did all the correct things i.e. put the folder n .nds files in TF root, also autodldi patch but i get error when try to start moonshell. I get the
"Fatal error : The cluster size that exceeds 32kbytes is not supported. Application halted ! "

I'm using Acekard2.1 with Kingston 4GB SDHC class 4.

Kiriashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, what do I have to convert my MPEG4s and MP3s to in order to play them on Moonshell? All I get is a frozen DS, an error, or weird noises that sound like somebody bending a rabbit's torso 1080..

And what movie format does the Moonshell found on Acekard.com support id any at all? Should I just get the DS iPod, dsvideo, and open pictures with DSOrganize? Moonshell is such a hassle...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
moonshell only supports the playback of dpg encoded videos. do a google search for it. there are many apps, SUPER has had some great results for the new moonshell which has better playback support. mp3s work just fine. i encode using audiograbber and the lame codec with vbr standards. i've been told by some people that they get weird noise, but all of these people are using inferior (not standard) software and codecs.

there are other alternatives to video playback but none which appear to have the same results as dpg. with avi/xvid you are looking at low framerate and sometimes sound issues. i have not messed with dsvideo at all, but from what i remember they use their own format.

-another world

Kiriashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I'm not to happy with Moonshell. I can't use the newer one 'cause I don't know how to set it up. I have the one from the Acekard site under downloads. Does DSOrganize play music? Because it reads text files and show pictures! Maybe I can get Moonshell to work...

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
huds_n said:
Need help..trouble booting up moonshell2 beta 5. I think I did all the correct things i.e. put the folder n .nds files in TF root, also autodldi patch but i get error when try to start moonshell. I get the
"Fatal error : The cluster size that exceeds 32kbytes is not supported. Application halted ! "
I'm using Acekard2.1 with Kingston 4GB SDHC class 4.
Use Panasonic SDFormatter to format your microSDHC. I have the same microSDHC and Moonshell 2 works perfectly on it.

huds_n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally
yaynds.gif
got the moonshell2 beta 5 running .. download the version from "http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=129990", able to run it without DLDI autopatch. Same error when running the rom with dldi autopatch.
bow.gif
like the new layout, especially the player.
biggrin.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
huds_n said:
Finally
yaynds.gif
got the moonshell2 beta 5 running .. download the version from "http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=129990", able to run it without DLDI autopatch. Same error when running the rom with dldi autopatch.
bow.gif
like the new layout, especially the player.
biggrin.gif

hm what firmware are you using? are you sure you have the dldi files in there and that they aren't corrupt? i've never had an issue with any of my acekards using any of the firmwares (and i've tested them all) as far as dldi goes =/.

-another world

huds_n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My specs as followed:

Acekard 2.1
Kingston 4GB SDHC Class 4
AKAIO 1.3 Final

The DLDI autopatch file is the one included in the download "misc tools".

First I dl the file frm "http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4765".
Installed direct, no dldi patch, got error message ask whether rom is patched correctly.
When I tried autopatched using file in misc tools, "Fatal error : The cluster size that exceeds 32kbytes is not supported. Application halted ! "

The I dl from "http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=129990".
Installed with DLDI autopatched,"Fatal error : The cluster size that exceeds 32kbytes is not supported. Application halted ! "
Direct installed without DLDI patch, work fine.

All in all, i copy the rom and moonshell2 directory straight to TF root.
Anyway, it's working now and I'm glad it did.

Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp