Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! I can get 4.1 apparently using Super Mario 2, so nice!

If you were smart, after you get to 4.1, download gateways 1.0 firmware first and use a rom to push you to 4.5. Then proceed to omega 2.2 because after you enter omega, you cant return to the old ones.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were smart, after you get to 4.1, download gateways 1.0 firmware first and use a rom to push you to 4.5. Then proceed to omega 2.2 because after you enter omega, you cant return to the old ones.

You can use Roms to get to 4.5? Huh. So why can't I just stay on 4.1 and use Omega 2.2? Like, what's the point of going from 4.1 to 4.5? Isn't 4.1 sufficient?

Vengenceonu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Roms to get to 4.5? Huh. So why can't I just stay on 4.1 and use Omega 2.2? Like, what's the point of going from 4.1 to 4.5? Isn't 4.1 sufficient?

Yes you can use (unedited) roms to update to 4.5 (But you still need 4.1 at least to access gateway at all).

Oh you can stay on 4.1, but most issues that happen to people with GW or MT are people usually on 4.1 -4.4. Personally I think its just random and people like to bitch on these forums when something happens to their cart and the first solution they always come up with is "4.5 IS BETTER, 4.1 HAS BUGS, BLAH BLAH BLAH" just to make themselves feel better. I'm just helping you dodge a future bullet in case something happens.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can use (unedited) roms to update to 4.5 (But you still need 4.1 at least to access gateway at all).

Oh you can stay on 4.1, but most issues that happen to people with GW or MT are people usually on 4.1 -4.4. Personally I think its just random and people like to bitch on these forums when something happens to their cart and the first solution they always come up with is "4.5 IS BETTER, 4.1 HAS BUGS, BLAH BLAH BLAH" just to make themselves feel better. I'm just helping you dodge a future bullet in case something happens.

Well I appreciate it, thank you, haha!

I found some online, and the seller sells like 5 of them. Except the ONE I want, is the only one that says, "You cannot refund this item", while the rest are refund-able. Makes me a little cautious/nervous.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well I appreciate it, thank you, haha!

I found some online, and the seller sells like 5 of them. Except the ONE I want, is the only one that says, "You cannot refund this item", while the rest are refund-able. Makes me a little cautious/nervous.

You're covered with Buyer Protection as long as you use Paypal, which trumps any seller policy. If an issue should arise (hope not), open a case with eBay and they'll help you out.

zrlan7710

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Few questions. How can I spot a difference between edited and unedited roms? After I boot Gateway mode 1.0, how to update from there? Just boot a 4.5 game and touch Yes to update to 4.5?

And I need a US ROM for a US 3DS, correct?

Vengenceonu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few questions. How can I spot a difference between edited and unedited roms? After I boot Gateway mode 1.0, how to update from there? Just boot a 4.5 game and touch Yes to update to 4.5?

And I need a US ROM for a US 3DS, correct?

When i said "Unedited rom" I mean a rom that wasn't trimmed via 3DSExplorer/Rom Trimmer. There is a function on both to cut out the update partition inside of a rom (which you obviously need if you want to use it to get to 4.5). After you boot into gateway 1.0, load a rom from your 3DS's region (as region free wasnt added until 1.1) that has the 4.5 update on it and click yes. It will tell you what version it will update too. Here are a list of roms that have 4.5 on them
http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump this, but does anyone know if the Eevee 3DS LL is 4.5 or below? Apparently they were released in July 2011, so I'd assume so, but I thought I'd check.

Dewdrops

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sorry to bump this, but does anyone know if the Eevee 3DS LL is 4.5 or below? Apparently they were released in July 2011, so I'd assume so, but I thought I'd check.
Probably not since it is released after March 2013.

(And LLs were only released in 2012, impossible for those to be released in July 2011)

groit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Serial: SW1187**** *
- FW: 4.4.0-10J
- Color: RED/BLACK
- Model: 3DS XL

not sure I got lucky, it was eBay last week. Least it was new :)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I ask Futureshop/BestBuy if they have a 3DS with FW 4.5 or below?
see if they have a display case with the system in them and you might be able to see the serial number
at my bestbuy though they keep the systems in the back stock room and you just bring up a slip to the front register to buy one, they refused to let me see the systems

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
see if they have a display case with the system in them and you might be able to see the serial number
at my bestbuy though they keep the systems in the back stock room and you just bring up a slip to the front register to buy one, they refused to let me see the systems
Can you test the system to check?

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i want to buy my daughter a 3ds (not XL) thats gateway capable ... anyone know what serial number to look for ? or a thread like this one for the regular 3ds ?

i saw a 3ds with cw7238xxxx 1 and wonder if anyone knows the firmware on it ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo