Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It was listed as new. Item number is 171182724443 if you wanna check it out. I actually own both the red and blue Pokemon XL's. I'm curious now about opening one up and seeing what firmware it's on, though I have no need for using either so I'll keep them new. But it's interesting if there are some out there like that.

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Would any of the Zelda Link Between Worlds 3DS XL's have 4.5 or below? I'm kinda interested in a new one on ebay, if he doesn't want to open it.. what should I ask him to quote from the box?

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Would any of the Zelda Link Between Worlds 3DS XL's have 4.5 or below? I'm kinda interested in a new one on ebay, if he doesn't want to open it.. what should I ask him to quote from the box?

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so?

I went into my local retailer and told the clerk to get me a red 3ds xl and that was the end of it. 10 minutes later I was dumping the nand.

Glad to hear that it was easy for you. The impression that I got from this thread that a lot of the old stock has been cleared out from the usual places (Walmart, Target, etc). Which store did you buy yours from?

alepman89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to hear that it was easy for you. The impression that I got from this thread that a lot of the old stock has been cleared out from the usual places (Walmart, Target, etc). Which store did you buy yours from?

Toys R Us stores still have plenty of 2012 3DS xl,i'm sure most of Targets are OOS 2012 versions because of 150$ deals

SlRlUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got some news. Ordered two 3DS XL in Germany from otto.de and received the following:

3DS XL Blue/Black Copyright 2012 Serial SEH1130 with V4.5.0-10E
3DS XL Pink Copyright 2013 Serial SEH1146 with V4.5.0-10E

Hope that helps to maintain the list! :yay:

Reactions: kalimero

SlRlUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got some news. Ordered two 3DS XL in Germany from otto.de and received the following:

3DS XL Blue/Black Copyright 2012 Serial SEH1130 with V4.5.0-10E
3DS XL Pink Copyright 2013 Serial SEH1146 with V4.5.0-10E

Hope that helps to maintain the list! :yay:

Oh...LegendaryFighter already told my story! :-) Thanks Dude.

SlRlUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BTW: There was no serial sticker on my blue/black 3DS XL. I took the risk and opened it to check the firmware. Any known reason why the serial sticker was missing?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is there any red 3ds xl that has a higher firmware right out of the box? I went to walmart and got a red/black 4.4, and a pink/white 4.5, and never even looked at the date on the box.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pf I'm poor to buy another 3DS xl, I should really start to work. I see posts with people buying 2/3 3ds.
I could sell the 6.3 but I'll lose like 50€.
It's not the end to be honest, there are probably still many 4.5 around and who knows..Maybe someone finds the last piece.

Jaifroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pf I'm poor to buy another 3DS xl, I should really start to work. I see posts with people buying 2/3 3ds.
I could sell the 6.3 but I'll lose like 50€.
It's not the end to be honest, there are probably still many 4.5 around and who knows..Maybe someone finds the last piece.

Im sure there is still bunch of 4,5 and under ;)

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend people looking for a <4.5 3DS to message ebay sellers who are selling reasonable priced 3DS who are not aware of the demand for <4.5. The ones that know are asking prices more than what a new, retail 3DS would cost. I might as well just go hunt down a new 3DS if I was going to pay $250 for one. If you want a new one ask for the serial and maybe link the image from the wiki (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/File:Serial_number_location.jpg). A few people I messaged didn't know where/what the serial was.

Some people on here suggested to go this route and it worked out ok for me. Got an ok price on a used 3DS and didn't have to hunt for a serial number. I ended up finding someone who had a 4.5.0-10U Black 3DS, came with some accessories for $120. He even provided me a picture to prove it was on 4.5.0-10U. Most ebay sellers who are just individuals typically are quite nice and will usually give you the FW version. I'd ask for photographic evidence unless they are a trusted seller. You can also email amazon sellers as well.

JumpingShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is my first post here but I've been lurking for a few days reading a lot before finally caving in and getting a 3DS XL. I want to thank every person who had contributed to referencing how to get a 3Ds with the right firmware.

Got a 3DS XL today at a Carrefour supermarket in France, here are the references:

- SN: SEH1091xxxx x
- FW: 4.4.0-10E
- Copyright: 2012
- Color: grey/black
- Model: 3DS XL

For the record, especially for people living in France, the blue, red, white and black ones were all with serials over the known limit so i didn't dare to try to get one of those, but still in the middle of it, the grey ones had numbers under the limit. I just asked nicely the guy in charge of the video games alley (the consoles where behind a glass wall) and he patiently let me check the numbers until I found one that matched what i was looking for. Also, I asked him and they did not patch the consoles or opened the packs. My guess is big supermarket chains have better to do contrary to the Fnac or Micromania to take care of Nintendo's tantrum, so if you're in france and still looking for one with a firmware under 4.5, maybe try supermarkets first.

Reactions: cearp

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up a 3DS XL Black/Black SW12 today, but apparently they come on 5.1
However, last post in this thread (http://gbatemp.net/threads/finding-black-3ds-xl-4-5.354057/) says he got a Black/Black on 4.5, but I haven't been able to find anything else on this.
Is it at all possible that mine is running 4.5?
You will not find a North American black/black 3DS XL on 4.5, the person who found one is from Germany (because there are black/black 3DS XLs in Europe).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Enter the Dragon?