All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm nearly broke, so I don't have much money to spare...But I'd like to buy a few games and systems that are outdated and not sold at the local game shop... Where would I go about finding outdated consoles/handhelds and games for cheap?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Find bargain electronics stores, check eBay, use Craigslist, etc. There's no real repository of inexpensive goods. You just have to hunt. Also try out places like Goodwill. You'll be surprised at some of the things people donate, and even more so at the very inexpensive price they tend to get put at.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you have one in your area, but a store called "The Exchange" is a wonderful store for that kinda thing.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

Wow. obvious spam post, reporting.

You should check flea markets, of you have any nearby. I get A LOT of good stuff from people who don't know how much their stuff is worth.

@ KirbyBoy: INDEED. However, some of their stuff is great prices, the other half is WAAAAAY overpriced... do your research before buying from them.
tongue.gif

They wanted 20 bucks for a Zelda II... when it only goes for 7. >_> But the other day they had Earthbound for 90. like I said, some are great buys some are not.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can try a local pawn shop to find them pretty cheap or depending on where you live sometimes there are small businesses that only deal with classic video games.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Find bargain electronics stores, check eBay, use Craigslist, etc. There's no real repository of inexpensive goods. You just have to hunt. Also try out places like Goodwill. You'll be surprised at some of the things people donate, and even more so at the very inexpensive price they tend to get put at.
Well, I don't have much money for shipping and the like, so the internet-related stuff is gone, and we don't have a goodwill place around here. Nor do we have bargain electronics stores. Just the one game shop.

KirbyBoy said:
I don't know if you have one in your area, but a store called "The Exchange" is a wonderful store for that kinda thing.
We don't have a store with that name around here.

Schlupi said:
You should check flea markets, of you have any nearby. I get A LOT of good stuff from people who don't know how much their stuff is worth.
We don't have any flea markets nearby.

QUOTE(syko5150 @ Jun 21 2011, 09:03 PM) You can try a local pawn shop to find them pretty cheap or depending on where you live sometimes there are small businesses that only deal with classic video games.
We don't have any small businesses around here for classic video games. Pawn shops around here don't even deal with video games anymore because there was a group of kids who tried to get $300 from selling an unlicensed NES cartridge one year.

QUOTE(Hells Malice @ Jun 22 2011, 03:18 AM)
The internet is probably the best source of cheap old stuff.
As I said before, I don't have the money for shipping most of the time and half the stuff I can find on the internet is out of my budget (such as Earthbound or Soul Blazer). I'm almost out of money, now. The job search isn't going well, either. Too many stupid people are getting hired now because if they aren't hired, it's suddenly racist and has nothing to do with the fact that they just weren't hired, and they go out and threaten to sue for discrimination charges and nowhere around here wants to be sued.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F