Where to buy these for a bargain?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sora de Eclaune, Jun 20, 2011.

Jun 20, 2011
  1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    I'm nearly broke, so I don't have much money to spare...But I'd like to buy a few games and systems that are outdated and not sold at the local game shop... Where would I go about finding outdated consoles/handhelds and games for cheap?

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Find bargain electronics stores, check eBay, use Craigslist, etc. There's no real repository of inexpensive goods. You just have to hunt. Also try out places like Goodwill. You'll be surprised at some of the things people donate, and even more so at the very inexpensive price they tend to get put at.

3. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    I don't know if you have one in your area, but a store called "The Exchange" is a wonderful store for that kinda thing.

4. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    -snip-

Wow. obvious spam post, reporting.

You should check flea markets, of you have any nearby. I get A LOT of good stuff from people who don't know how much their stuff is worth.

@ KirbyBoy: INDEED. However, some of their stuff is great prices, the other half is WAAAAAY overpriced... do your research before buying from them. [​IMG]

They wanted 20 bucks for a Zelda II... when it only goes for 7. >_> But the other day they had Earthbound for 90. like I said, some are great buys some are not.

5. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    You can try a local pawn shop to find them pretty cheap or depending on where you live sometimes there are small businesses that only deal with classic video games.

6. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    The internet is probably the best source of cheap old stuff.

7. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    As I said before, I don't have the money for shipping most of the time and half the stuff I can find on the internet is out of my budget (such as Earthbound or Soul Blazer). I'm almost out of money, now. The job search isn't going well, either. Too many stupid people are getting hired now because if they aren't hired, it's suddenly racist and has nothing to do with the fact that they just weren't hired, and they go out and threaten to sue for discrimination charges and nowhere around here wants to be sued.

8. deathking

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    most second hand and pawn shops know what they are selling and will make tons
    best bet is charity shop / , thrift store