What reasons are there to buy a PS5?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'll probably wait for the PS5 Pro to come out and see if it's worth picking up. Hopefully, it'll be possible to run backups on it at some point in the future (already subscribed to the PS5 Exploit thread so that I'm somwhat familiar with its hacking scene).

Payne

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Honestly, if you already have ps4 OR good pc, I see no reason for ps5 at the moment.

I was thinking between upgrading my PC rig (I currently have laptop with gtx 1060 that could really use upgrade) or buying PS5, but due to fact that I have never owned ps4, and I got new 4K Oled TV Im leaning towards PS5 slim, as I want to play on new TV and I can enjoy ps4 games at higher resolution (even though most of them are available on PC I just want to play on tv in living room and moving entire desktop each time I want to play is too clunky).

so even though I am considering buying PS5, I would not consider it if I had good PC or ps4.

Reactions: Quore

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
The only reason, AND I MEAN IT, I'd like to have a PS5 is literally just Gran Turismo 7. But obviously I won't buy s high priced console just to play one single game (like, i could buy a Steam Deck instead).

And not only that, I heard that the GT7 might coming to PC this year, according to the leaker who said early this year that Ghost of Tsushima would come to PC, is if that proves to be true then I LITERALLY won't ever buy a proper PS5, because... to be honest... i want that my future in gaming be only PC and handhelds in general (be it a Switch or proper emulation devices from China)

Reactions: Payne

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't play PC games, so the PS5 works well for me. If you're on PC, though, you should just save your money.

Even the exclusives are boring IMO. I just like playing PS4 games at NOT 20fps.
I completed Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition on PS4 and I loved the story and gameplay, but after playing it to death I noticed that it felt slow and that's because it's locked to 30fps or something.

I'll probably buy a PS5 to play DBZ Tenkaichi 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 "Next Gen Update" (if it ever gets released). I'm not a big PC gaming fan.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you must be joking pc parts are as expensive as ever. you have no idea what i've spent so far on my latest build! it's took me 5 years and it's in the 4 figure range fucking video card alone took HALF the budget!!
I wasn't talking about third world countries like australia :tpi:

Seriously though, PS5 is last gen in PC hardware terms. It's similar to a Ryzen 5600 with a Radeon 6700. Aliexpress sells 5600's for £80 and I can't even find new 6700's for sale anymore but used ones are around £250. Again, it depends on individual countries, but it's not far off here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto