Hacking Where to buy *legit* R4DS in Canada?

dynamiteout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone please recommend where to buy *legit* R4 DS in Canada? I need it as soon as possible. Cheaper the better please.
Please advise.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Simply put, don't buy the R4, its ancient and well. basically dead. Its out dated and won't support any new features. Also why buy an R4 when there is better, more feature rich flashcards who have better compatibility with games which are cheaper? As you said, the cheaper the better, the R4 prices keep going up, so I say stay away from it and buy the better, cheaper flashcards such as the DSTT or Ace Kard 2 Which also the chance of getting a fake as well.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you're looking for a website that's based in Canada - Kickgaming is the only one I know of (and they've great quality). Only thing - they don't have R4's. I suggest you change your mind about getting an R4, and switching to a cheaper (and most likely better) alternative in the Slot-1 flashcart market.

But, if not, check out ConsoleSource or GameYeeeah - but you'll have to import to Canada (I don't think either of them are Canada-based, but I could be wrong).

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Narin and JPH, but, if you really do want an R4--for whatever reason--but just cant find a store in Canada, just import one from a store in the US like RealHotStuff.

I'm sure the shippings roughly the same between the US and Canada.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PLZ DON"T GET AN R4 THEY ARE OUTDATED AND EXPENSIVE GET A ACEKARD2 OR SCDS1 PLZ LISTEN.

But, seriously. The R4 dosen't even support SDHC or RTS.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
JPH said:
Well, if you're looking for a website that's based in Canada - Kickgaming is the only one I know of (and they've great quality). Only thing - they don't have R4's. I suggest you change your mind about getting an R4, and switching to a cheaper (and most likely better) alternative in the Slot-1 flashcart market.

But, if not, check out ConsoleSource or GameYeeeah - but you'll have to import to Canada (I don't think either of them are Canada-based, but I could be wrong).

BZZT, Wrong
tongue.gif

ConsoleSource is based out of Oshawa, Ontario
smile.gif

I've ordered from them quite a few times and always been happy.

fabulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameyeaaah is also not in Canada. but actually R4 is coming from China, right?

then if gameyeeeh is in consideration, then i prefer volumerate. cheaper and faster shipment.

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gizmo_gal said:
just import one from a store in the US like RealHotStuff.

A couple of weeks ago, I was pricing flashcarts for my neice and IIRC, RHS charges $20 for s&h (FedEx) to Canada. It was their cheapest shipping method to Canada so I decided to order my neice's card elsewhere.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PyroJames said:
gizmo_gal said:
just import one from a store in the US like RealHotStuff.

A couple of weeks ago, I was pricing flashcarts for my neice and IIRC, RHS charges $20 for s&h (FedEx) to Canada. It was their cheapest shipping method to Canada so I decided to order my neice's card elsewhere.

Ordering from RHS to Canada isn't a good idea. I was going to do the same as well, a long time ago, but the total would've cost me a fortune, so I didn't.

sleeping_forest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well i live in ontario, toronto. theres an asian mall called pacific mall in markham and honestly... theres gotta be at least 6 stores there that i've counted that sell r4s. maybe its cause its like asian area but right. its really common here

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Buddy of mine just grabbed a great price on a 360 that was priced dropped and then on sale as well.

London Ontario area.

Got it modded as well. And the same store than did the mod has R4 carts on the shelf as well. And no, it's not an asian retailer.

But I have to agree, buy a CycloDS if you actually need a flashcart. And you got that opinion from a happy R4 user.
Hey the R4 is a good card, but it IS old tech as of today.

You CAN do better, so what, are you not good enough?

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With quite alot of replies these days with "R4 IS DEAD BUY SOMETHING ELSE", you'd think there'd be a sticky up top the R4 forum that says "Do not buy the R4 as of May 2008".

Right now I'm sucking the life out of my R4. Gotta love having multiple flash carts and official game carts to do mass multi player fun
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill