Hacking Where to Buy Flashcarts in the UK?

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking for a place to buy flashcarts, but my friend cannot buy anywhere else besides Amazon or EBay.

If anyone if selling their flashcart on EBay, could you please PM me the link? Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm confused
wacko.gif

Title say's 'Buy a card in UK shop'
The OP is located in USA
& Asking about buying of off eBay .....

Regardless - I'm going by the Title....

It's illegal/against the law to sell flashcards in the UK - so I doubt you'll find any in a shop, however pop along to a market & you MAY find a stall selling R4 cards (I remember seeing cards being sold on a couple of stalls @ North Weald market a while back) - Exactly WHAT R4 card they were I couldn't tell, but they were in a red box

Also places like Amazon and ebay have a policy of NOT advertising flashcards (usually) - that includes secondhand ones - so it's unlikely you'll find any on offer there (unless it slips through by accident)

But IMHO the best bet it to buy online from a reliable source, although websites MAY be located in the UK - the item is still (usually) shipped from China etc.. so you will have to wait for delivery - but I've brought a few from different sites & all have arrived without problem

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just purchase from one of the China based stores in shoptemp. Personaly I have ordered a number of items from the DScartshop and their service has been excellent.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
www.xpertron.co.uk is based in the Channel Islands where flashcards are still legal (different legal system) so you can get your flashcard a lot quicker than if you tried to buy from a Chinese site (all sites that have R4 and .co.uk in their webaddress are Hong Kong or China) but it is slightly more expensive.

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
I'm confused
wacko.gif

The OP is located in USA

-snip-

Thanks for all the info!

And it's for a friend that lives in the UK, not me.
tongue.gif

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
RoboticBuddy said:
CannonFoddr said:
I'm confused
wacko.gif

The OP is located in USA

-snip-

Thanks for all the info!

And it's for a friend that lives in the UK, not me.
tongue.gif
Try zhuzhuchina, reliable, and very cheap. Though it might take a while as the shipping is not super fast.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have occasionally seen R4 clones on the stalls you sometimes get in the middle of shopping centres (the ones with mobile phone accessories and sometimes offering mobile phone unlocks). That was a couple of years ago, and I can't remember where exactly. But I think that's the only place that may ever have them other than as CannonFoddr suggested a market.

Other than that, the closest thing I have seen ever in shops is Action Replay Media Edition and iCheat Pro, both of which are cheat devices which can load homebrew. Saw them in various GAME and HMV stores. And AR DSi, which is pretty much the same as AR ME I believe.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
what flashcard you need?
we can put an auction on ebay and then ship with uk registered airmail , need about 2 weeks

strange but real in china there is a forwarding service, where all package are shipped from china to uk and then from uk with registered airmail again.

NDS-Gear

Trophies
Website
www.NDS-Gear.com
XP
Country
United States
Ironically we used to be U.K. based, but immediately moved to be U.S. based when the actual sale of flash carts in the U.K. were banned in July 2010.

Quick note, by the way: ANY store that claims to ship from the U.K. (even if they are 'based' elsewhere) is operating illegally - you're not supposed to be able to ship from the U.K. at all as that is classified as mass commercial importing which is banned. You may be able to buy from a store like that, but bear in mind the authorities do occasionally get round to closing those stores down - something to be wary about when deciding on if you'd get after-sales service.

We do charge 'international' shipping to the UK although we deliberately make it cheaper (matches Canada's rate) to try and accommodate UK customers. If you take a look at the ShopTemp Discussions forum on GBATemp forums, you'll see we recently stuck up a voucher that should offset a lot of that cost for you.

About 30% of our customers are still U.K. based so a lot of our old customers have 'followed' us to the states even though we're officially not local anymore. Fingers crossed we can convince you they've thought we're worth it!
wink.gif

And, of course - feel free to PM / e-mail if you have questions.

Cheerio!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zhuzhuchina said:
what flashcard you need?
we can put an auction on ebay and then ship with uk registered airmail , need about 2 weeks

strange but real in china there is a forwarding service, where all package are shipped from china to uk and then from uk with registered airmail again.

QUOTE(rehevkor @ Jun 23 2011, 02:11 AM) Ebay UK remove listings that include flashcarts as a matter of policy, I have tried and failed to buy one several times in the past.

They don't have to call it a flashcard
wink.gif
Provided they ensure that the correct person purchases it, they can call it any random thing and eBay would never know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo