OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I made this topic before but most or maybe all the members recommended me to buy from Newegg, well HELLO I'm from Saudi Arabia and Newegg only ships to US country, so where can I buy a genuine micro SDHC 4GB class 6 with free shipping and ships to P.O.Box (either A-data or Transcend)?

I've been searching the web for days but without finding any clue.
I'll appreciate your help and thanks in advance.

By the way, in my country we only sell SanDisk, shall I go for it or buying a micro SDHC 4GB from SanDisk is not a good idea?

Dark X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yeah DX is my favorite place for shoping but I heard most of their Micro SD are fake.
Also is PQI any good, because I'm planning to buy A-DATA or Transcend?

Zantom07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an 8GB Transcend and so far have no problems. This or Sandisk would be your best bet IMO.

Posts merged

I have an 8GB Transcend and so far have no problems. This or Sandisk would be your best bet IMO.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*shrugs* I have an A-Data, been running for about a month or more without any problems 4 GB SDHC card. I also have an older A-Data JOGR flashdrive that is a 1 gb usb drive which still works beautifully. So I don't say all of A-Data is crap but I believe there are times with every company to have some bad cards.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
phoenixclaws said:
*shrugs* I have an A-Data, been running for about a month or more without any problems 4 GB SDHC card. I also have an older A-Data JOGR flashdrive that is a 1 gb usb drive which still works beautifully. So I don't say all of A-Data is crap but I believe there are times with every company to have some bad cards.

Do a transfer rate + access rate comparison between an A-Data card and another of a similar class and size (Sandisk, Transcend, etc.) and you'll see what I mean.

smellyfungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try meritline.com i bought my adata 8gb there for cheap and they ship to a lot of places around the world. i tested the adata with hd tach and it was better than both my pqi and kingston.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smellyfungus said:
you can try meritline.com i bought my adata 8gb there for cheap and they ship to a lot of places around the world. i tested the adata with hd tach and it was better than both my pqi and kingston.

Both PQI and Kingston are at the lower end of the speed scale. You didn't prove anything lol. Compare it against Sandisk or Transcend. But whatever, everyone has their own preference.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, I actually got this HP one because it was on sale, and it's pretty fast. Probably not made by HP though...dunno who would outsource to make it for them though.

smellyfungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zero383 said:
smellyfungus said:

Both PQI and Kingston are at the lower end of the speed scale. You didn't prove anything lol. Compare it against Sandisk or Transcend. But whatever, everyone has their own preference.

ive looked at a few test and the sandisk and transcend were at similar speeds to the adata if youre talking about the class 6 ones.

in my own test, the adata had a 0.7ms random access time which is supposed to be fast enough to play all games without slowdown. the pqi measured at 0.8 ms, the card was actually pretty good except it would occasionally freeze playing castlevania por. the kingston (class 4) was around 1.2 ms (cant remember exactly).

i dont really have a preference so im not pushing adata on anyone, it just is the fastest of the cards i currently own.

Dark X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
smellyfungus said:
No, unfortunately they don't ship to my country.

So in the end I only have two choices, either
buy PQI from DX
or
buy Sandisk from any store

Guys, the main reason why I bought the DSi is for Castlevania games, so which one of these two works perfect on Castlevania games without a single lag or freeze?????

side question: I only saw SanDisk micro SDHC 4GB class 2, isn't there class 4 or class 6 on 4GB sandisk???

QUOTE(smellyfungus @ Jul 31 2009, 03:14 AM) ive looked at a few test and the sandisk and transcend were at similar speeds to the adata if youre talking about the class 6 ones.

in my own test, the adata had a 0.7ms random access time which is supposed to be fast enough to play all games without slowdown. the pqi measured at 0.8 ms, the card was actually pretty good except it would occasionally freeze playing castlevania por. the kingston (class 4) was around 1.2 ms (cant remember exactly).

i dont really have a preference so im not pushing adata on anyone, it just is the fastest of the cards i currently own.
WHAT!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

sphinx.djc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see no one has suggested the Patriot brand. I am using an 8gb micro SDHC with my AceKard2i and it works very well (froze a few times but I guess its normal with this kinda stuff...)

smellyfungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark X said:
@smellyfungus: What kind of flash card did you use?
Is it Acekard 2i or other than that?

im using an Acekard 2i with AKAIO and A-Data 8gb Class 6 MicroSDHC.

if you're specifically playing for Castlevania, Dawn of Sorrow ran fine on my slower Kingston card but for Portrait of Ruin it froze a lot. For the PQI card (a 4gb class 6) it ran the first few levels fine but when you get to a certain section it froze in that area a lot but other areas it would not freeze at all. Even the AData has a random hiccup but its fairly rare.

from what i read if you can find the best sandisk class 6, its supposed to be as good as that adata or better. not sure how the transcend is though.

I hope this helps.

oh also there was a patch on this site for Portrait of Ruin that cut music out or something to help with freezing, i havent tried it but if you cant find a fast card then you can try that patch out.

-edit-
i just checked out dealextreme to see what was available. apparently the kingstons (1gb or 2gb) made in japan are faster than the ones made in other areas (mines from taiwan) deal extreme has a few so i cant guarantee its the same one made in some of the test i saw. this guy made a test http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5760 and his kingston was the same random access speed as the adata.

Dark X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Thank you for your help smellyfungus and thanks for the help guys.
I just did some research to find if there is a SanDisk 4GB class 6 micro SDHC but it looks like class 6 is only appears on 16GB's SanDisk, the 4GB ones are only have class 2.
Though I still don't know about what should I buy, SanDisk or PQI
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since