beide mittelfinger hoch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
look at their site, they promised an update within the next few days a week ago.
on the other hand, the promised a "proof" that the chip can be updated few weeks ago...

mars77

edit: typo

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
From the things I've read, I think it's like this:
There are two versions of CycloWiz, the one from the first batch and the one from the second batch.
The first version is like a bad version of Wiinja V1
- Not compatible with that D2B chip
- No region unlocking
- Some games not working
- Lots of DRE's
- Not upgradeable
The second version is a clone of the fake WiiKey
- Compatible with that D2B chip
- Region unlocking (USA/JAP, bot PAL)
- Fixes game incompatibilities
- Less DRE's
- Upgradeable

So I believe the first batch of CycloWiz was not really upgradeable, so if you have that one, it's best to try and tell them you had the D2B chip and want the new one, cause it are just 2 completely different products it seems...

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyclowiz is probably waiting to get hold of the Wiininja V2. To adjust their chip accordingly. I can't believe the Cyclowiz can be updated via disc either. After all its only a drive mod chip and not a real mod chip.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
no no, they said its upgradeable way before they found out it doesnt work on d2b chipsets.

mars77
They said it was upgradeable after the mods were shipped. Afaik the D2B discovery was before the shipping.
But all I meant by saying that you have the D2B version, is that you can exchange your V1 chip for a V2 chip if you have the D2B chipset. That way you'll have the new functionality without having to wait for an update that I think will never come...

Bali

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are there any examples of the chip being installed with the propper switch that enables the upgrade? Wouldn't just switching the chip in the upgrade/on position tell us enough if it could be done or not? I imagine would get that a message notifying you that the chip is now ready to be upgraded would appear?

Any details on this? Anyone?

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are there any examples of the chip being installed with the propper switch that enables the upgrade? Wouldn't just switching the chip in the upgrade/on position tell us enough if it could be done or not? I imagine would get that a message notifying you that the chip is now ready to be upgraded would appear?

Any details on this? Anyone?
no such a message wouldnt appear you will have to run homebrew on your wii to let such a message appear and thats not possible on the wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*