Hacking Discussion Where is SX OS and 7.0-1 Support?

When will SX OS 7.0.0 support come?

• June 15th

Votes: 92 18.4%
  • Never

Votes: 57 11.4%
  • Nintendo Will Drop 8.0.0. First

Votes: 142 28.5%
  • Right after Atmosphere

Votes: 124 24.8%
  • With Bacon and Cheese

Votes: 84 16.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I bought an sxos licence some 8 months ago and it was absolutely money well spent.
At the time there weren't any decent homebrew solutions and I knew someday I'd switch to a free one.
That day is coming :)

Reactions: tpax and gizmomelb

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, after so many posts that argument is so weak, to the point where I begin losing any faith in the mankind's chances of survival for the next 50 years.

Using an USB cable?! In 2019?! Wow, buddy, that must be a joke, honestly. I just launch a random ftp client and put the shit over. But ok, some people like it old fashioned and just can't let go.

Also, I love the way you guys like each others post :wub:
Yeah lets have a FTP and USB race and see who wins lol

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me:
  1. Plug my Switch into my computer using a USB cable.
  2. Launch Tinfoil and install using Fluffy
You:
  1. Power off the Switch
  2. Take out the SD card
  3. Drag the file to the SD card
  4. Put the SD card back into the Switch
  5. Boot into SX OS using a dongle/jig
Personally, I don't want to deal with launching a payload everytime I want to add or remove a game.

Are you serious? You can copy XCIs/NSPs to a USB stick and plug it into the Switch to install. XCI can also be installed like regular NSP. (Even in portable mode) Copying install files to SD card is so archiac now, not only does it consumed space but also makes it difficult if you are using Fat32 with a >4G file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

:rofl2: you have proved you have no idea what your talking about and how :wacko: you look now.
images

the SX dongle is a master piece, the others poor brick size imitations.

Are we comparing dong sizes now? I thought women like bigger dong?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious? You can copy XCIs/NSPs to a USB stick and plug it into the Switch to install. XCI can also be installed like regular NSP. (Even in portable mode) Copying install files to SD card is so archiac now, not only does it consumed space but also makes it difficult if you are using Fat32 with a >4G file.
Ignoring the oddity that is a USB drive sticking out of your Switch in portable mode, that doesn't make XCI-loading more convenient than NSP installation. At best, they're hypothetically equal.

Reactions: Deleted User

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignoring the oddity that is a USB drive sticking out of your Switch in portable mode, that doesn't make XCI-loading more convenient than NSP installation. At best, they're hypothetically equal.

I am not talking about XCI loading, you can install XCI to your Switch - similar to NSP.

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does it matter? New firmwares don't offer any worthwhile features. Games that require 7+ can run if you install them with SX installer. They'll deliver eventually.

Reactions: JoeBloggs777

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's $20. We all can afford $20. You can't 'afford' current firmware, because you are a partisan joke. SX OS has genuine disadvantages to free CFW, and the niceties it offers are outweighed by the disadvantages.
what disadvantages do you speak of? There are none, you blabbering fool. Your screen name is quite appropriate. I use Hekate/Atmosphere on a 7x sysnand, and I use SX OS on an emunand. I can do ALL OF THE THINGS. As can anyone with SX. Sorry your mommy can't afford to give you an allowance so you can buy a license yourself.

Last edited by urherenow,

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what disadvantages do you speak of? There are none, you blabbering fool. Your screen name is quite appropriate. I use Hekate/Atmosphere on a 7x sysnand, and I use SX OS on an emunand. I can do ALL OF THE THINGS.

Idiot.

I've gone over them numerous times. You are too dumb to read what I posted, which is not my fault.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gone over them numerous times. You are too dumb to read what I posted, which is not my fault.
You have gone over nothing that is a disadvantage. I can do everything you can do, PLUS I can do everything an SX user can do. It certainly is your fault that you're too stupid to see that.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know there are many school kids and students on here who cant afford to buy hardware or games , but if you can afford to buy a switch and buy games, then surely you can afford $50 to buy a SX Pro, with its excellent dongle and jig.

I can understand people may not want to pay for SX OS and / or a jig because they don't want to support commercial piracy (like they've never already visited a website with advertising where they download their warez) - but it'll certainly be interesting to see how many of the haters go and buy USB C HDDs or USB C storage sticks (because for larger capacities they are much cheaper than SD card prices) *WHEN* free CFW finally supports it.

128GB SD card is $23 USD at Amazon
128GB USB C memory stick is $30 USD at Amazon
400GB SD cards are currently $77 USD at Amazon
4TB (10x the storage) is $89 USD at Amazon

I know which large storage solution I use and offers the best value for money.

Last edited by gizmomelb,

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand people may not want to pay for SX OS and / or a jig because they don't want to support commercial piracy (like they've never already visited a website with advertising where they download their warez) - but it'll certainly be interesting to see how many of the haters go and buy USB C HDDs or USB C storage sticks (because for larger capacities they are much cheaper than SD card prices) *WHEN* free CFW finally supports it.

I hope at least that the poverty stricken youtubers doing tutorials on how to hack and set up your switch upgrade.. the number of them only have 32GB cards is amazing.

The Switch is a portable console. External hard drives defeat the purpose. USB pen drives would be a useful installation source if it weren't for USB install from a computer already being a thing, so I don't expect much to change.

pka4916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, after so many posts that argument is so weak, to the point where I begin losing any faith in the mankind's chances of survival for the next 50 years.

Using an USB cable?! In 2019?! Wow, buddy, that must be a joke, honestly. I just launch a random ftp client and put the shit over. But ok, some people like it old fashioned and just can't let go.

Also, I love the way you guys like each others post :wub:

10 Mb vs 80Mb speed for install..
You wait 2+ hours while I am done in 5 minutes for 100 Gb. Long live USB-C lol

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
have you considered a career in politics? your ability to change directions with facts to suit your agenda, make up false information and spout bullshit would do you well.

most people with SX OS and running USB C hard drives are most likely using 1TB-4TB devices, you already know that but still spout shit referencing older devices with smaller capacities. It's like the majority of youtubers videos I see with hacking their switches - they generally only have 32 or 64GB SD cards. Seriously.. what the fuck guys? Are you that poor?

wow 4tb HDD... so comfortable

I rather buy a decent sdcard ;)

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In an effort to bring things back on topic, I would just argue that SX OS isn't worth $30, particularly when it doesn't support 7.0.x.

going forward to when games REQUIRE 7.x firmware - *IF* TX don't end up supporting 7.x then of course it is not worth it.

currently NO games or updates REQUIRE 7.x - so if you were to buy SX OS now then you will only get access to the ''legacy'' 2000 odd games and you may not get full value usage out of it apart from easier loading from USB HDD, XCI loading and the enhanced cheat system.

but the thing is the majority of people are complaining about is the people who have already spent their $30 - in some cases 9 or 10 months ago. I can assure you we have MORE than had our money's worth in that time.

Reactions: KhenemetHeru

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just be happy with your purchase and stop trying to rub one out on users of alternative methods who aren't on your bandwagon.

frankly most SX OS users have had to put up with the abuse and bullshit for nearly a year and I know I'm fucking sick of it. every single thread gets derailed and it's well past time for the regular group of agitators to have a taste of their own medicine if you ask me, if only the mods could please do their jobs and place bans more often. It may deter the trolls in future.

I mean damn, I had a GW from day one and never once cried about the inevitable free alternatives that started cropping up (before leaving my GW to collect dust because generous freeware devs are awesome). You got what you paid for at the time and that's that, no need to force a justification down everyones throat as to why your purchase is still justified.

We're not trying to force a justification down anyone's throats - we're responding to the retards who are saying we aren't or shouldn't be happy with our purchase. It's akin to shaming someone because the bought a slower U1 rated SD card instead of a U3 - how often does that happen?

How often do you see someone posting in a thread for CFW assistance - ''haha!! you should have bought SX OS! loser!" or similar? NEVER. How often do you see the opposite in an SX OS thread? Almost every second reply.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Me:
  1. Plug my Switch into my computer using a USB cable.
  2. Launch Tinfoil and install using Fluffy
You:
  1. Power off the Switch
  2. Take out the SD card
  3. Drag the file to the SD card
  4. Put the SD card back into the Switch
  5. Boot into SX OS using a dongle/jig
Personally, I don't want to deal with launching a payload everytime I want to add or remove a game.

SXOS can install xci/nsp from USB WITHOUT any computer attached.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're out and about. Your switch locked up, and because you are running SX OS, it can't auto-inject the payload upon a crash like Atmo and Hekate can. You need to inject the payload. But, crap, your SX dongle is dead! Hope you got a micro USB charger....

In other words, it's a crappy user experience. Stop fanboying for your $20 purchase. No need to get all defensive.

false information once again blahblah, this is a definite habit.

Charging is done from either end, so you would never be out and about with a flat dongle unless the switch was also flat.. and then you're definitely not playing any games are you?

From the TX SX Pro FAQ
  • Q: Huh, two caps, how do they get 'charged'? Do I have now and then plug my dongle into micro-USB cable to charge it, what happens when it runs out of power? — Why not battery instead? — Does it instead drain my Switch battery, what happens if I leave it plugged in.
    A:
    The SuperCap’s are charged from either usb port ( USB-C or Micro USB ). The caps offer approximately 1 week standby time with enough energy left for one boot, or at least 5 successive boots without the opportunity to auto-charge. Charge to 80% is achieved (automatically) within 1-2 seconds of entry into the Nintendo start menu. We are working reducing that considerably … (see above for why not battery). Because we are powered by s-cap’s we have a very power conscious design.
    Leaving the dongle in the console for more than a minute is pointless but will do no harm in any way to the dongle and drain very little battery ( currently we draw ~25mA but will work on reducing that considerably after ~1-2 minutes charge mode).

And I don't have to power off my system, remove my SD card, put the XCI on, mount the SD card, and launch CFW using a jig/dongle each time I want to add a game.

All I have to do is, with my Switch still on, plug it into my computer and install the game.

and neither do SX OS users.. we can transfer XCI as well over USB, the same as NSP files. With older versions of tinfoil you can rename the .xci to .nsp and transfer it then rename on the switch. Never version allows direct XCI transfer over wifi or USB.

The lack of knowledge displayed at the functionality of SX OS really shows how the haters have no idea of the ease of use of SX OS and if CFW had the little extras, how much of a difference it makes instead of faffing around.

Reactions: KhenemetHeru

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
false information once again blahblah, this is a definite habit.

Charging is done from either end, so you would never be out and about with a flat dongle unless the switch was also flat.. and then you're definitely not playing any games are you?

From the TX SX Pro FAQ
  • Q: Huh, two caps, how do they get 'charged'? Do I have now and then plug my dongle into micro-USB cable to charge it, what happens when it runs out of power? — Why not battery instead? — Does it instead drain my Switch battery, what happens if I leave it plugged in.
    A:
    The SuperCap’s are charged from either usb port ( USB-C or Micro USB ). The caps offer approximately 1 week standby time with enough energy left for one boot, or at least 5 successive boots without the opportunity to auto-charge. Charge to 80% is achieved (automatically) within 1-2 seconds of entry into the Nintendo start menu. We are working reducing that considerably … (see above for why not battery). Because we are powered by s-cap’s we have a very power conscious design.
    Leaving the dongle in the console for more than a minute is pointless but will do no harm in any way to the dongle and drain very little battery ( currently we draw ~25mA but will work on reducing that considerably after ~1-2 minutes charge mode).

The info is not false. I've had my personal SX dongle die many a times and it will not charge in RCM mode. I've since replaced it with an RCM loader. Much better.

1 week standby is nothing. 5 BOOTS without charge is nothing. It's obviously garbage. If you haven't rebooted with the dongle in the last week, your dongle is dead.

Reactions: Deleted User
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1