Hacking Discussion Where is SX OS and 7.0-1 Support?

When will SX OS 7.0.0 support come?

• June 15th

Votes: 92 18.4%
  • Never

Votes: 57 11.4%
  • Nintendo Will Drop 8.0.0. First

Votes: 142 28.5%
  • Right after Atmosphere

Votes: 124 24.8%
  • With Bacon and Cheese

Votes: 84 16.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there is still no reason to update to 7.X until I have to, i'll stay with SX and on 6.2.

I dont think most if not all Sx users have a problem with Atmos, but at the moment there is no reason for me to go that way. maybe later down the road, but for the last 8 months Sx has worked really well for me and many other Sx users.

were not Atmos haters :)

I'd say that game updates working correctly without having to skip the version number check is a solid reason. Everyone understands that a MasterKey7 title is going to be a thing before too long, the end of the month at the absolute longest. That title working in unmodified form is another reason. Solving the problem before you would be forced to deal with it is a thing, a valid thing.

You can do it now or you can do it later this month, your call really. Just don't take the silly route of using repacked NSPs/XCIs, that is dangerous for so many reasons & puts you in a bad place if you ever do exit the SX train - your homebrew NSP/XCI will likely not run on 7.x.

You're talking about Internet drama. I'm talking about actual objective reality. That's the disconnect here. SX has functionality not found in free CFW. Free CFW has functionality not found in SX OS. The functionality in the Free CFW is much more important than the niceties that SX OS brings. Current firmware beats USB mounting.

Last edited by blahblah, , Reason: `

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:) that was not aimed at you, i know what you have done :bow: and others like Rajkosto and SciresM have done, without their help we wouldn't be where we are now.

Oh, sorry, GBAtemp does ignore in a weird way, where I see the replies to ignored users but not that they are actually replies. They look like normal posts. Sorry, I didn't spot it before I posted.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is you might not have a choice, and games will soon require 7.0.x keys (if they don't already).

Requiring MasterKey7 alone won't be a big problem. We have MasterKey7, we can decrypt and repack titles with no crypto. Having to use custom NSPs/XCIs would be annoying, but it would work. The real problem is going to be titles that rely on functionality added in 7.x, titles built with the 7.x SDK.

Reactions: peteruk

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
SX Pro is really a perfect package. The dongle is so small, it fits in a Switch game cartridge slot of my slim Switch case, and with the jig being in another slot, I keep all the things needed together when traveling. That brick-sized dongle from AliExpress could compete in a single case: If you're a brick layer and you like to bring your work home.
No need to mention, that SX OS is hands down the superior CFW. Drag and drop the XCIs that you want to play on the go to the microsd card, and you're all set. Keep the XCIs you only want to play on a big screen at home on that huge and cheap USB drive, and you'll be fine for the years to come.

If you really believe, that the free solution is better in any way, then (read it in a doctor's voice) I have bad news for you.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Requiring MasterKey7 alone won't be a big problem. We have MasterKey7, we can decrypt and repack titles with no crypto. Having to use custom NSPs/XCIs would be annoying, but it would work.
That kind of defeats the "SX OS makes things easier" argument.

The real problem is going to be titles that rely on functionality added in 7.x, titles built with the 7.x SDK.
I should have led with this.

They already require 7.0 keys
I'm not aware of any games/updates that require 7.0.x keys, but I'll take your word for it.

D

Deleted User

SX Pro is really a perfect package. The dongle is so small, it fits in a Switch game cartridge slot of my slim Switch case, and with the jig being in another slot, I keep all the things needed together when traveling. That brick-sized dongle from AliExpress could compete in a single case: If you're a brick layer and you like to bring your work home.
No need to mention, that SX OS is hands down the superior CFW. Drag and drop the XCIs that you want to play on the go to the microsd card, and you're all set. Keep the XCIs you only want to play on a big screen at home on that huge and cheap USB drive, and you'll be fine for the years to come.

If you really believe, that the free solution is better in any way, then (read it in a doctor's voice) I have bad news for you.
We have already proven that xcis are pointless and inferior to nsps..

D

Deleted User

That kind of defeats the "SX OS makes things easier" argument.

I should have led with this.

I'm not aware of any games/updates that require 7.0.x keys, but I'll take your word for it.
Claybook was one of the newly released games that required it, not sure of others but it's slowly happening

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hahahahaha trying to overcompensate much? Just because you touched a computer in the 80's for a minute doesn't mean you have any idea what your talking about, but please keep sharing your great wisdom with us, your flawed arguemear have gotten you this far~

oh because i didn't need to update a GW card for over 2 years and my kids still use it make me computer illiterate :D. lazy to update to the l8st S/w and Firmware i maybe, but not computer illiterate :unsure:

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Absolutely nothing yet uses 7.x keys. There are updates that have a 'soft version check' for 7.0; that specify 7.0 as their minimum supported version. That can be skipped by effectively all current homebrew (non dev menu) installers.

But nothing uses MasterKey7 yet.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You've done well here mate. Kudos for keeping your composure around these daft cunts. Btw, you should look into Atmosphere it really is a solid project and probably will be the last man standing eventually.

hahha, I'm doing something on my pc or i wouldn't bother with the trolls on here, but I've got respect for Lacius and blahblah.:bow:

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely nothing yet uses 7.x keys. There are updates that have a 'soft version check' for 7.0; that specify 7.0 as their minimum supported version. That can be skipped by effectively all current homebrew (non dev menu) installers.

That's what I thought.

Reactions: gizmomelb
D

Deleted User

Yes it does, go download claybook and try to play it on 6.2 it won't let you

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does, go download claybook and try to play it on 6.2 it won't let you

That's not the same thing as the game being encrypted with MasterKey7. I already deleted the game, but if you have it, show me hactool failing to extract it.

Reactions: Lacius
D

Deleted User

That's not the same thing as the game being encrypted with MasterKey7. I already deleted the game, but if you have it, show me hactool failing to extract it.
Basically may as be if you have to modify the file to have it run of lower firmwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/dN0KgJrWj8c?si=-JTikj-1omsVBjor