Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
like the Mother 3 game for the 64DD... and then never dump it....

If I owned the game I dont think id dump it either! lol
smile.gif

Along with Shenmue Saturn, Half Life Dreamcast and Resident Evil 1.5.

If I had them I'd dumped them, but then I'm nice and not an elitist and I wont use the excuse "I dont want the feds to get meeeeeee"

I've too much vit c
Half Life for the DC is so freaking common on the torrent scene along with Propellar Arena. Resident Evil 1.5 is an interesting one since (from what I remember in the article) the person who has it is an employee of Capcom and he could get taken to court... even though he leaked the screenshots.
I never actually thought to look for it!

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Groups have suppliers and dumpers.... Dunno exactly how they operate but I know someone goes out and buys the game, puts the original cart into the DS uses the software/home brew that was created for the dumping games into a ROM and uses that. When the ROM been dumped into the memory card, they plug it into their computer and distribute them. Thats how ROMS are created. : P

you ruined the mystery :'(
AND THE EASTER BUNNY IS JUST A BUNCH OF WORKERS THAT HAS BEEN OUTSOURCED to INDIA.

BTW, I was reading a UK gaming magazine called Retro Games and it had this massive feature on collectors. Not just the collectors who go about collecting Radiant Silvergun or Panzer Dragoon Saga. But the ones who is like a little elite group who will scour the earth for rare prototypes.... like the Mother 3 game for the 64DD... and then never dump it....

bastardos....
^Hoarders.

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Groups have suppliers and dumpers.... Dunno exactly how they operate but I know someone goes out and buys the game, puts the original cart into the DS uses the software/home brew that was created for the dumping games into a ROM and uses that. When the ROM been dumped into the memory card, they plug it into their computer and distribute them. Thats how ROMS are created. : P

you ruined the mystery :'(
Oh.. Was I not supposed to tell anyone? Hehe..
ph34r.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Game cartriges are grown on a farm. When they are made, all game cartriges are flashcards, and can be any game you want them to be. But as they grow old, they start to get rigid, just like your parents. Also, arthritis sets in. In the end, they become so petrified, conservative, stuck in their ways, they are stuck with one game, and one game alone, and they refuse to change, no matter what. those cartriges are then harvested, packed with an instruction booklet, and sold in stores.

ROMs are the "psychological profiles", done by special profilers, that determine general personality types. All game cartriges fall into one of these types, and the individual differences are called "savegames". Those personality types are charted, defined, and then posted online for further study by a wider community. Thus far, there are 2723 defined personality types of GBA cartriges, and 950 types for DS cartriges. Scientists are finding new ones every day.

Some theories claim pop culture and mass media affect the cartriges and affect the creation of new personality types; popular movies, trends and even toys seem to generate whole new personalities. Such examples are profile GBA2700, "Ghost rider", evidently affected very strongly by the movie "Ghost rider" (can't say why), or type NDS575, "Bratz Forever Diamonds", molded by the "Bratz" series of dolls and accessories.

Flashcards are actors. You give them a ROM profile, and they act it out.

yaynds.gif

rest0re

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Game cartriges are grown on a farm. When they are made, all game cartriges are flashcards, and can be any game you want them to be. But as they grow old, they start to get rigid, just like your parents. Also, arthritis sets in. In the end, they become so petrified, conservative, stuck in their ways, they are stuck with one game, and one game alone, and they refuse to change, no matter what. those cartriges are then harvested, packed with an instruction booklet, and sold in stores.

ROMs are the "psychological profiles", done by special profilers, that determine general personality types. All game cartriges fall into one of these types, and the individual differences are called "savegames". Those personality types are charted, defined, and then posted online for further study by a wider community. Thus far, there are 2723 defined personality types of GBA cartriges, and 950 types for DS cartriges. Scientists are finding new ones every day.

Some theories claim pop culture and mass media affect the cartriges and affect the creation of new personality types; popular movies, trends and even toys seem to generate whole new personalities. Such examples are profile GBA2700, "Ghost rider", evidently affected very strongly by the movie "Ghost rider" (can't say why), or type NDS575, "Bratz Forever Diamonds", molded by the "Bratz" series of dolls and accessories.

Flashcards are actors. You give them a ROM profile, and they act it out.

yaynds.gif
nice theory! i think this sounds more right compared this weird "scene" thing...

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I THINK HOMEBREW ROM COMES FROM HOMES ... THEY ARE GROWN HOME AND WHEN THEY ARE KIDS THEN CAN PLAY FREELY TOGETHER.. TIS LIKE ECOLOGICAL CHOICE INSTEAD PUTTING ALL ROMS IN ONE BIG CAGE
You mean organically grown? Yes, those are free range cartriges, as opposed to industrially grown cartriges. Homebrew are smaller, not as pretty (they can be lumpy, or disfigured), but they have much more flavour. An acquired taste, yes, but those who discover homebrew often prefer it to industrial products.

laugh.gif

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The amount of caps locked words in one's post is directly proportionate to one's intellect.

roms come from nintendo internals who hate ninty!

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey whaddya know, I also came from Orc's butt! Maybe Me and Roms are like teh brothers! Orc, why do we have two mommies? V_V

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
- I THINK ROMS COME FROM WHEN MOTHER AND FATHER ROM LOVES EACH OTHER VERY MUCH AND THEN COMES BABY ROM
- RELEASEGROUP HAS KINDA XMAS SOCK AND IF THEY HAVE BEEN NICE DURING DAY THEN MORNING SOCK IS FULL OF ROMS
- I THINK ROMS COMES TO FSERVES AUTOMATICALLY AND NFOS ARE ALSO AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED
- ROMS COME FROM HEAVEN?
- ROMS ARE ACTUALLY "REAL" GAMES, AND ALL STORE GAMES ARE COPIES FROM THAT ORIGINAL ROM LIKE MATRIX YOU KNOW
wink.gif

- ROM DUMP COMES FROM WHEN SOMEBODY TAKES A DUMP
- WII ROM DUMPS (LEAKS) COME FROM SOMEBODY IS TAKING A PISS
- SCENE IS JUST FANTASY AND ROMS ARE ACTUALLY SUPPLIED TO FSERVES BY GAME CREATORS
- WRITING WITH ALL CAPS IS GAY
frown.gif

DID YOU KNOW ROMS CAN BE BOUGHT IN EGG FORM FROM THE SUPERMARKET. I DO IT ALL THE TIME

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
- I THINK ROMS COME FROM WHEN MOTHER AND FATHER ROM LOVES EACH OTHER VERY MUCH AND THEN COMES BABY ROM
- RELEASEGROUP HAS KINDA XMAS SOCK AND IF THEY HAVE BEEN NICE DURING DAY THEN MORNING SOCK IS FULL OF ROMS
- I THINK ROMS COMES TO FSERVES AUTOMATICALLY AND NFOS ARE ALSO AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED
- ROMS COME FROM HEAVEN?
- ROMS ARE ACTUALLY "REAL" GAMES, AND ALL STORE GAMES ARE COPIES FROM THAT ORIGINAL ROM LIKE MATRIX YOU KNOW
wink.gif

- SCENE IS JUST FANTASY AND ROMS ARE ACTUALLY SUPPLIED TO FSERVES BY GAME CREATORS
frown.gif

DID YOU KNOW ROMS CAN BE BOUGHT IN EGG FORM FROM THE SUPERMARKET. I DO IT ALL THE TIME

TRUST THIS MAN

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
- ROMS COME FROM HEAVEN?
wink.gif

frown.gif

TRUST THIS MAN

QTF

Oh , and I'm here to explain you how Games are created :

Also , first you go to a station called Church.
Then you tell god that you want a new game and he sents ideas to you.
The more nice you are , the more great are the Ideas.
Then you go find some pens and draw something.
And tada it will transform into a game!!!

It's very easy!
But It is only working when God has Time for you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay