Gaming where do YOU think other m will be set

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Where in the metroid timeline do you guys think other M will be set?

I would like to see it set before any other game...

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps we'll get to understand why she never bloody well speaks lol.
laugh.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid timeline:

Metroid / Metroid: Zero Mission
Metroid Prime / Metroid Prime Pinball
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

The trailer showed young Samus as well as adult Samus, it could be of like Ocarina of Time, where you start off young and then mature into adulthood. Of course the young Samus could be a clone or adult Samus is the clone...whatever.

Personally I want a TRUE sequel to Fusion, though that could be Metroid Dread which apparently exists and may come out one day.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't care as long as its fun. Trying to add story in series like these never work too well (looks at Star fox). It won't be the best story and it probably won't make sense in terms of the last games. But that don't matter as long as the game is fun and theres alot of cool splosions and teasing the nerds with zero suit samus.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
B-Blue said:
bytor said:
laugh.gif

Did you even watch the trailer?

Yup, you misunderstood my post lol. It's a prequel so something will happen to her during the game that stops her speaking. I was quite surprised to hear her say anything in the trailer so she's either a moody cow during all the other following games or she has some sort of accident
laugh.gif

Shadowinfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
I don't care as long as its fun. Trying to add story in series like these never work too well (looks at Star fox). It won't be the best story and it probably won't make sense in terms of the last games. But that don't matter as long as the game is fun and theres alot of cool splosions and teasing the nerds with zero suit samus.

While Star Fox didn't do a good job of it, I think some more story would be beneficial to the Metroid franchise.

I'm interested to see how Samus began her career, if that is what this is about.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
bytor said:
B-Blue said:
bytor said:
laugh.gif

Did you even watch the trailer?

Yup, you misunderstood my post lol. It's a prequel so something will happen to her during the game that stops her speaking. I was quite surprised to hear her say anything in the trailer so she's either a moody cow during all the other following games or she has some sort of accident
laugh.gif

She can talk in SSBB you know...
"Is that all?"

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From what i hear its going to be after Super Metroid and before fusion. though i'm thinking a prequel detailing Samus's time in the Galaxy Defense and the possible relationship between her superior which caused her to leave and become a bounty hunter.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Radiant said:
From what i hear its going to be after Super Metroid and before fusion. though i'm thinking a prequel detailing Samus's time in the Galaxy Defense and the possible relationship between her superior which caused her to leave and become a bounty hunter.
Anyone miss the days when a games story (and films for that matter) continued after the last game (or films)?

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
.Radiant said:
Anyone miss the days when a games story (and films for that matter) continued after the last game (or films)?

YES, yea I do!

notice its not a metroid PRIME game
smile.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hadrian said:
.Radiant said:
in the good old days of gaming there was hardly any story mind you
tongue.gif

Mr. Awesome/Wack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Metroid timeline:

Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

The trailer showed young Samus as well as adult Samus, it could be of like Ocarina of Time, where you start off young and then mature into adulthood. Of course the young Samus could be a clone or adult Samus is the clone...whatever.

Personally I want a TRUE sequel to Fusion, though that could be Metroid Dread which apparently exists and may come out one day.
are you trying to say this is an order?

Mr. Awesome/Wack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Metroid timeline:

Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

because I don'
t think this is right.....it goes like this metroid/metroid zero mission
metroid II return of samus..... it can't possiblely go metroid to metroid prime....samus doesn't get the upgrade for the well I'm not sure what its called but the suit for the balls on her shoulders till metroid II return of samus so therefore it can not possibly go metroid to metroid prime...

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To quote Yoshio Sakamoto from an IGN interview:

QUOTE said:
the Other M story will take place between Super Metroid and the Fusion stories. What I hope to achieve with Other M is answer those questions -- you know, who is Samus? What is her background? Who are the characters that made her what she is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1