Hardware Where do you put your 3DS when your out and about?

Where do you put it?

• I carry it with me at all times (either by hand, inside a pouch or in your pocket)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In my bag/whatever you bring, without anything on my 3DS (no carrying case, protector, pouch applied

• In my bag/whatever you bring, inside a protective case/pouch

• Total voters

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, when you're out and about, where do you put your 3DS? Just ran into this thought recently as I've had different experiences regarding StreetPass. I know that I might not get the same amount of encounters everyday and I'm also aware that the wireless range is adequate enough for StreetPass (about 30m). So, where does the 3DS stay? In your pocket? Inside a bag? If it's in a bag is it inside a case for double protection?

Thanks. Also, do you think that putting the 3DS inside a pouch inside a bag will affect the chances of me encountering people whilst on StreetPass mode? Basically does the thickness of obstruction affect StreetPass? Yesterday I've encountered 9 Miis while I'm just on my way to uni. This morning, I've had 0.

Thanks

Gosh I've been posting a lot of 3DS related threads!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Usually I'd put my handheld in my pocket, but I don't play my 3DS when I'm out and about.
Instead I stick my 3DS in my club nintendo carry case and put it in my bag, let it do some walking on Nintendogs and streetpass activity.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine stays at home near me DSi
tongue.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have mine in that blue PDP carrying case Amazon had available on their site. I ordered a pouch from Nintendo (before they said they needed to restock), so I'm waiting for that. Additionally, I'm waiting for my screen protector/snap on case. So, ideally the order will go -

Blue Bag
-Pouch
--Snap on Case
---3DS.

I don't think I'll double up with the bag and pouch, though. The bag actually protects from fall damage and stuff, which is awesome, and the pouch deosn't. However, the case is pretty thick, so I don't know if that interferes with the streetpass signal or not, so I'm not sure what I'll be using when I go to school.The pouch certainly looks nicer, though.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my pocket in the wrap the system came in. Makes for a good temporary case. My iPhone & wallet in my other pocket..

Maybe I should stop carrying so much tech.
rolleyes.gif

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not rly using any protecting stuff or so
my dsi is still in 99% condition, cousin sweared i bought it just recently and i played it a LOT and carried it as well a lot around
it's either pocket or shoulder-bag

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a pouch that came with a small external hard drive I had bought. My 3DS fits nicely in it and then I either put that in my pocket or my bag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...