Hacking Where do I start with homebrewing?

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the 3DS has Gateway, and the Wii has the Homebrew Channel, where do I start with homebrewing? Do I have to learn C++, C#, etc. or is it more complex then that. I want to help with homebrewing the Wii U.

Reactions: dontay0100

kettenschutz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.batman.de
XP
Country
France
.. and, anyways, yes. you should know something about C and other standart programming languages
even the knowledge of the Wii SDK shouldnt hurt..

so lookout for the SDK, and check if youre able to understand whats inside ;)

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done it. I found 2 torrents. 1 with Wii, Wii U, and DS, and the Revolution SDK. Homebrew here I come! And BTW, there is documentation in there.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but there is no native Wii U homebrew yet (well there is a browser exploit, but I don't think any documentation on how to code for that exists, and it only works on FW versions < 5.2.0). You can use Wii homebrew through the virtual Wii mode however.

The wiiu-userspace does contain documentation on how to set up the environment. You can use any language that compiles down to baremetal code, but C is recommended. As for what you can do in the browser environment, a lot more than it would seem, there's still a lot to discover in userspace. We loosely document that stuff in Wii U Hacking Discussion.

Reactions: Kelton2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: New Orange Pi 🥰