Where do I start with homebrewing?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by kprovost7314, Dec 30, 2014.

1. kprovost7314
    OP

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Like the 3DS has Gateway, and the Wii has the Homebrew Channel, where do I start with homebrewing? Do I have to learn C++, C#, etc. or is it more complex then that. I want to help with homebrewing the Wii U.

dontay0100 likes this.
  2. kettenschutz

kettenschutz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2010
    France
    .. and, anyways, yes. you should know something about C and other standart programming languages
    even the knowledge of the Wii SDK shouldnt hurt..

so lookout for the SDK, and check if youre able to understand whats inside ;)

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    low level programming and chipset knowledge (registers, ASM, etc.) is probably needed at the current state of WiiU homebrew.

4. kprovost7314
    OP

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I have done it. I found 2 torrents. 1 with Wii, Wii U, and DS, and the Revolution SDK. Homebrew here I come! And BTW, there is documentation in there.

5. Marionumber1

Marionumber1 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 7, 2010
    United States

The wiiu-userspace does contain documentation on how to set up the environment. You can use any language that compiles down to baremetal code, but C is recommended. As for what you can do in the browser environment, a lot more than it would seem, there's still a lot to discover in userspace. We loosely document that stuff in Wii U Hacking Discussion.

Kelton2 likes this.