Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XxTRIFORCExX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Toys R' Us, european launch day. Had mine pre-ordered.
EXACTLY the same as me
smile.gif

gotrice864

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting 2 wiis tomorrow at toys r us. Wish me luck. Anyone know the serial code of the cut leg wii's or the d2c chips? If I get one that cannot be modded, I am throwing them on ebay.

AOforever1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting 2 wiis tomorrow at toys r us. Wish me luck. Anyone know the serial code of the cut leg wii's or the d2c chips? If I get one that cannot be modded, I am throwing them on ebay.
If you bothered to read through this thread, you will see at the first post that Wii's with cut legs start at LU5154 and up. I assume the new D2Cs are also Wii's with a higher serial number.

modmanwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, my Toys R Us got 32 in today...

bought one... legs are cut!

oh well, time to throw this thing up on ebay

im so pissed!

Is any progress being made on modding these things?

boodaheadz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
modmanwii
Saw some pictures up at maxconsole forums where some person used a dremel to grind away at the chip to expose the legs and modded it that way. I suggest you only try that if you have major skills at soldering and the use of a dremel.

modmanwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont get it... why dont the quick solder methods work? Dont the trace goto the pins still even though they are cut? Or is it that since the pins are but they dont connect INSIDE the chip, which is what he did with the dremel, he cut into the chip so he could connect the cut pins to the pin insaide that they are supposed to be attached to?

boodaheadz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The quick solder method will still work if you can reconnect the legs of the chip back on traces which they were originally suppose to be. The dremel was used to expose more of the legs so he can solder to it more easily.

AOforever1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how do you reconnect the traces?
I think we're getting a bit off topic here; no offense. Just saying so the mods don't delete your post.
I think you PM him or her for help on that.

Anyways, my friends still haven't gotten a Wii yet... demand is high still. Get those Wii's now before they're all cut! or... just sell your existing mod and wait for 2nd gen D2C mods
tongue.gif

AOforever1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a will today from argos which cant be modded i dont know about the cut legs because i dont have the tools to open up my wii.

if you havent opened it how do you know it cant be modded ? i bought one from argos today and have now installed a wiikey which works.
He probably looked at the serial number. But if he did, then he would know the Wii has been cut. I guess he just wants to open the Wii to confirm the legs are cut. That's all.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got a will today from argos which cant be modded i dont know about the cut legs because i dont have the tools to open up my wii.

if you havent opened it how do you know it cant be modded ? i bought one from argos today and have now installed a wiikey which works.
He probably looked at the serial number. But if he did, then he would know the Wii has been cut. I guess he just wants to open the Wii to confirm the legs are cut. That's all.

i dont think the gbatemp wiki is really accurate
unsure.gif
i have seen people post on forums with a higher serial number than mines and it was fine
unsure.gif
i guess its just luck at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto